Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 or 993tt???

Martyn1

Barcelona
Just reading the thread from Simon on his new 993tt (fantastic looking car) and still lusting over Rob's Red gt3 from the track day. I was wondering IF (and unfortunately I dont!!) I had the spare cash where would I spend it?

I love the whole 993 air cooled concept and the raw aggression look of the 993tt, but there is something about the 996 GT3 that just says I'm mean and purposeful.

As a non track day guy Id probably lean towards the 993tt but it would be a hard decision.

So trying to ignore you air cooled/water cooled prejudices what would you guys choose?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61944

SHAME on you for forgetting about the 993 RS !!!

but based on your criteria and in view of the off road driving a Gt3 would be a no brainer for me, with a full tune up by Manthey....

993 TT is still epic but right now I've fallen out of love with heavy 4wd systems and turbo engines.. for now....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61946

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 02 June 2006
SHAME on you for forgetting about the 993 RS !!!
but based on your criteria and in view of the off road driving a Gt3 would be a no brainer for me, with a full tune up by Manthey....
993 TT is still epic but right now I've fallen out of love with heavy 4wd systems and turbo engines.. for now....
993 RS is great looking but Ive always assumed too raw for general road use.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61947

eeeerrrr guess what?????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61948

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 02 June 2006

eeeerrrr guess what?????
What??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61963

993tt.................purely cos ive lusted after one for longer than ive lusted after the GT3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61971

I haven’t ever ridden in a GT3 so cant comment other than on looks, but an owner told me he found it to harsh to use daily (he’s from London with all its speed bumps and potholes)

On the road the turbo feels awesome nothing like hearing the turbos whine up behind you as you put your foot down. It’s torque’y in almost every gear so blistering power is only a prod of the throttle away. Plus you get the bonus on long trips of sitting in 6th cruising along 2000rpm and with the cruise control on getting 35mpg. On the track the front wheels do feel the wieght of the 4wd (just go when its raining and you'll have much more fun)

Finally when I bought mine it was for me, I didn’t buy it to show off. I think the turbo is subtle enough to drive around and not draw too much attention. It’s like an expensive watch it exudes quality with out shoving it in your face, where as (dons flame retardant suit) I find a GT3 to be a bit like designer shirt with the logo in type 72 font across the front…

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61976

GT3 is not too harsh for daily driving, mine is one!

The GT3 look awesome IMHO, 993TT outdated now (also dons flame suit), remember I used to have a 993.

Once you have driven a GT3 you WILL want one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61978

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 03 June 2006

GT3 is not too harsh for daily driving, mine is one!
We had this conversation the night of the track day! I couldn't use the GT3 every day, because the country roads are just so bad I would lose all my fillings with all the rattling.

I would go for the TT (although probably the 996!) :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61981

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 03 June 2006

993TT outdated now (also dons flame suit)

Surely you mean classic poon :wink:

I have to admit I have strong emotional attachments to the 993TT from childhood, so there for have a very thick set of rose tinted glasses :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 61988

and not forgetting the 911 Turbo of any era is a supercar legend in it's own right ¬!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62001

Interesting stuff, IF I had the money I feel I would lean to the GT3 which actually suprises me :?
I just think it has a cleaner line somehow....Very confused!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62002

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 03 June 2006

and with the cruise control on getting 35mpg.

Really? I can never seem to get much above 25/26mpg and that's at about a 70mph cruise.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62054

Make sure you reset the gage (pull the stalk towards you) as it does an average since last reset

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62055

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 04 June 2006

Make sure you reset the gage (pull the stalk towards you) as it does an average since last reset
Yep, do that. My car's got the 430hp upgrade but I can't imagine it making that much difference. My old 994 C4 used to get just over 30 on a run.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 62059

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back