Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gt2 evo tie rods - stock anywhere

sfl993t4

Hi

I'm looking for anywhere with stock of 993 gt2 evo tie rods, it looks like Porsche no longer supply these and only offer the rs ones.
All pointers / ideas welcome (I really want oem rather than pinned stock ones)

Steve

you can only get them from the motorsport division

have you tried peter at GTone ?

I'm sure I got mine from OPC Devon :?:
On the advice from Jackal, as they knew the part number, because, he'd jus purchased his.

Porsche no longer make them. If you check out Gerts web site he now notes that you will be supplied the RS rods instead of the GT 2 rods.

I sourced mine before Xmas from the USA who still have some stocks.

I got mine from Patrick Motorsports and a recent thread on RL had a few other suppliers jumping in with a few remaining sets.

pipingken1 said:
Porsche no longer make them. If you check out Gerts web site he now notes that you will be supplied the RS rods instead of the GT 2 rods.

I sourced mine before Xmas from the USA who still have some stocks.

I got mine from Patrick Motorsports and a recent thread on RL had a few other suppliers jumping in with a few remaining sets.

Glad I got mine when I did, its by far the best modification I have done to my car. The other option is to pin your existing inner tie rods, infact I have got my old ones which someone could have for beer tokens to play around with...

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/993-forum/415296-rs-evo-tie-rod-clone-mod-chapter-ii.html

As mentioned above Porsche Motorsport don't seem to make them any more, as above and so I was hoping that someone knew of some stock or had some that they didn't want etc. They only seem to have stopped supplying these in Nov.
Steve

hang on in there!

Gents, I had to get a set for a project late last year and although there was no supply problem at the time, one of the items that arrived had perceptible play at the crimp of the solid inner ball joint. I returned to reading for a replacement and the next two replacements also had the same manufacturing problem. I think that lemforder make them for Porsche, I had to wait a while for a replacement to turn up without a problem which took several weeks. I wonder if they have stopped supplying whilst they sort out this production problem. Only worry is that when they correct it or source another manufacturer the price will double ???????????? just like the suspension kits and lower control arms did some time ago. Somebody needs the official word from porsche ag/ motorsport about this as it seems to me that there would always be a ready market for these for all the race cars plus us keen drivers and that. makes no financial sense for the greedy bankers at porsche?
Christian................

ollster said:
pipingken1 said:

Glad I got mine when I did, its by far the best modification I have done to my car. The other option is to pin your existing inner tie rods, infact I have got my old ones which someone could have for beer tokens to play around with...

Thats not good! I got my tie rods a while back so while it doesnt affect me its still not good!

I prefer Berni's idea of welding a washer to the end of the assembly, pinning it doesnt make good sense to me, I have this mental picture of the shaft shearing off at the pinned position while throwing it into a corner. :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back