Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Group Buy remap thread

highway

Mexico City
Following Jon's request, this is a thread to indicate interest in having your 993 remapped by Wayne.

This guy has the reputation as the "go to" for,live remaps on a 993. Many satisfied customers on this forum. Travelling way oop north always a deal breaker for me. Indication is he may travel darn sarf and use a rolling road more suitable for those of us disinclined to travel to Ned Starks territory.

There appears to be little downside to getting the cars map changed. The improved driveablity appeals to me. Anecdotal evidence suggests the standard map is a catch all designed to cater for poor fuel and other conditions your typical 993 driver on THESE forums is perhaps unlikely to encounter.

£400 is a bit hexy for me. However, if he can do say three cars a day over a few days, maybe £275 per car may interest him. Then again, it may well not.

Nothing to lose by asking. Make your own mind up if its likely for you. If it is, indicate your interest here. If say 9 people are interested enough to drop £275, I will contact him and gauge his interest.

Please, no maybes here. Either you are seriously interested and would commit or not. I don't want to waste the guys time. Provisionally dependent on the price and the venue. Anywhere Surrey/Sussex/South London preferred as venue.

1. highway 993C4

Thanks for taking the lead Highway.

I assume we have suitable rolling roads down south that will enable him to work to his normal high standards.

I'm in

1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4

Hi

I would be interested.

1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4
3. berni29 993 C2 Tip

Berni

Would definitely be interested in this. However, as I am based on the doorstep of 9M where Wayne seems to be doing some of his work, it wouldn't make much sense for me to travel down south.

Perhaps if there is any other interest in this from us Northerners we could arrange a split North/South group buy? :?:

If so, put me on the list.
993 C4

Cheers

I would be interested in a Northern session.

Do we start a list?

Hi, great idea, thanks for following this through

1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4
3. berni29 993 C2 Tip
4. JonnyG 993 Targa

A think a Northern list would be a good idea to supplement the numbers on the Southern list.

Even at 9M, it might be easier for Wayne from an organisational viewpoint to book us in as a block over a small number of days rather than piecemeal over several months.

South...
1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4
3. berni29 993 C2 Tip
4. JonnyG 993 Targa

North...
1. Owl 993C4
2. ColinC 993C2
3. Goose 993C2

1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4
3. berni29 993 C2 Tip
4. JonnyG 993 Targa
5. Dream911 993 c4s

Going by previous posts, it sounds like the guy is never short of work. I think a discounted rate would be out of the question - but you never know.

South

1. highway 993C4
2. cambjones 993C4
3. berni29 993 C2 Tip
4. JonnyG 993 Targa
5. Dream911 993 c4s
6. mohitos 968 Club Sport (if he can)

I'd agree. For me its more about cutting out travel time than a discount.

mohitos said:
I'd agree. For me its more about cutting out travel time than a discount.

The possibility of a discount is not really too important to me, nor I suspect most who have expressed an interest. I think that in this case the main benefit will be organisational - both for Wayne, who has to find slots in his busy schedule, and the customers (for the same reason).

Jack Frost said:
Going by previous posts, it sounds like the guy is never short of work. I think a discounted rate would be out of the question - but you never know.

+1

IMO you are going about this the wrong way.

Ask Wayne if he's interested in coming down south, but I think you are wrong in guessing a 1/3 off discount and putting-up a price on this thread.

As Mr Frost suggests, the price will be the same down here in paradise as it is up there in the frozen wastes.

Great idea but suggest the price is agreed with Wayne first unless you are practising for your entry on The Apprentice next year :dont know:

He'd have to do the maths, rental of rolling road, accommodation, ear plugs to minimise GBH cockney slang and food if he doesn't like jellied eels etc.

I'd be up for that price in the North once I've established what I've actually got in my car :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back