Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Got myself some new wheels!

Mankster

I have got myself a set of 2nd hand but mint 18" Turbo II wheels and new set of Continental SP2 tires to replace the original 17" turbo I's that were on the car when I got it. (my neighbour has a Boxster on 18's so it had to be done!)

Before.....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/p1(3).JPG

After....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/p5.JPG

I think it gives the car a more agressive, up to date look but still retains some Porsche originality.

The handeling has firmed up nicely with more grip. A little more tire noise but nothing to complain about. It was a straight swap with no rubbing, just had to remove the factory rear spacers first.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28437

nice !

almost did the same.. went for Turbo II's but decided against it at the last moment.. I didn't really think it suited the 993 so much.... looked (dare I say it) IMHO too modern ? but that was on my NB car...

on a WB it's a whole diffrent matter..works better !

so still not sure what 18's I want...actually I do.. RS's !

btw.. you running 265 or 285's at the rear ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28440

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 14 May 2005

nice !

almost did the same.. went for Turbo II's but decided against it at the last moment.. I didn't really think it suited the 993 so much.... looked (dare I say it) IMHO too modern ? but that was on my NB car...

on a WB it's a whole diffrent matter..works better !

so still not sure what 18's I want...actually I do.. RS's !

btw.. you running 265 or 285's at the rear ?

They are 285/30 18's on 11x18" wheels on the rear.

I wanted a slightly more modern but subtle look to go with the clear lenses, but also to instantly recognisable as Porsche wheels. And yes they do suit a WB better. For me it was choice between just getting larger Turbo I wheels (not much of a change) or these Turbo II's :D
as I wanted hollow spokes to save some weight.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 28445

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back