Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

God she is fit ;)

andyaltz

Trainee
Hi all, picked this baby up today

One question, revs to 4 thousand and then stops like its hitting redline, any ideas?

Drives normally and accelarates fully through the gears?

It is tiptronic

Pics need to be jpg's else they don't show I've found.

Not sure about your revving issue, Ive heard MAF based issues can cause similar symptoms but I have very little 911 experience so will leave that to those in the know.

andyaltz said:
One question, revs to 4 thousand and then stops like its hitting redline, any ideas?
You mean when stationary in neutral?

I think this is a protection feature so you are not able to select drive with too high revs. I know from older jags that selecting drive with the engine revving too high in neutral will not engage the drive gear for fear of blowing up the gearbox

One thing I was always told was never high rev an automatic car in neutral as it puts undue strain on the gearbox. I'm sure there used to be something in the manual about it - it was a few years back and technology may have moved on :dont know:

andyaltz said:
Hi all, picked this baby up today

Drives normally and accelarates fully through the gears?

It is tiptronic

That's the rev limiter when in neutral.

Why did you try to rev it higher :?

The only time I've ever had to rev that high was for a track day noise test.

Thanks for the replies, thought it shouldnt be nothing to worry about.

Wasnt trying to break it, my brother was just revving it when it was fully warm to see what the exhaust was like as I have been telling him I want the exhaust bypass and the noise normally only comes after 3 thousand revs.

What a lovely day it is, going for a long drive very soon, pics to follow later on :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j44k-dv
Back