Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

gen 1 997 brake distribution problem

patporsche

can anyone help!!!! ive owned this car for about 4 months now without any issues, but last week while driving on a rough bit of road the dash lit up with a few messages abs brake distribution fault ,air bag , generator, washer bottle outside tempreature sensor etc! I stopped and switched the engine off. on restart everything was ok except airbag which stayed on. I had the airbag light reset and the computer showed no other faults logged. I took it for its mot ,then 2 days later went to start it, the battery was completely flat ,wouldn't even open the bonnet! it jumped ok and is charging ok so I took it for a run to charge up the battery. during this rin the abs and brake distribution warning came on. I was on the motorway at this point and the car actually started braking on its own for a few seconds .then the lights went out and it drove ok home. this was pretty scary at the time and has left me feeling a bit wary of driving it again. can anyone shed some light on this? thanks pat.

Maybe dodgy battery is causing the problems, I know warning lights have been known to appear if it's borderline. Might be worth having it load tested, is it the standard Moll battery installed still? :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back