Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear Linkage..Arghh

Menace

Hi guys,

So, i left work, stopped by the hospital to see my very ill relative, then set off for home, around 10 minutes away. Lovely evening, i pull up to a set of traffic lights, i try to pull away but the car will not engage, then i realise the gear stick has come loose, obviously the linkage has come loose but not much help when i cannot move from the traffic lights just opposite the bus station where lots of buses are trying to leave.
A short push and a call to the AA, could not get it to pop back in but he was a great chap, pushed the car into gear and followed me to the indy just around the corner.
Why would the linkage made in plastic be a good idea, just seems strange. I think a metal 997 part is available, guess i will find out in the morning..

Regards

Vinny

Let us know how you get on with the 997 part fitting.
I was going to buy a couple of linkages parts for mine as this is one part that hasn't broke on mine yet. I'm thinking of carrying one round for the day it does break, if the 997 one fits I may just change them for the 997's.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back