Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear knob recommendation

Good to have some optuons.
I got in touch with ixi (based in Las Vegas). They responded within a few hours, answered my questions clearly. I placed an order yesterday that has already shipped.
The height of the knob will be the same as the factory standard (there is very little additional material above the main shaft from the transmission tunnel, so little chance of reducing height.
As someone mentioned, ixi do an extension if you want to add height to the knob position.

I shall report back once arrived and fitted.

Wh1t3Kn1ght said:
Fitted one of these in my 944 Turbo, they also make them for the 996. Very nice with the right weight on the knob and it also lights up so you can see the shift pattern in the dark!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252917668789

That's the one I bought for the gaiter and trim, not led though so a bit cheaper. Certainly cheaper than buying a genuine Porsche silver gaiter trim.

I ordered a gearknob from ixi. It arrived from the USA just two days later.
I ordered the metal knob and a resin knob to make life more comfortable in extremes of temperature (cold frosty mornings won't be much fun with a very cold shifter, nor super hot days).

I am delighted with the feel of the metal one - the significant extra weight, along with the size, adds to the enjoyment of the gear change.

The resin one I used briefly and is fine - greater weight than the OEM, which improves the feel. Good to have in reserve.
I am very pleased with the change and would certainly recommend ixi.

Leatherseat said:
I ordered a gearknob from ixi. It arrived from the USA just two days later.
I ordered the metal knob and a resin knob to make life more comfortable in extremes of temperature (cold frosty mornings won't be much fun with a very cold shifter, nor super hot days).

I am delighted with the feel of the metal one - the significant extra weight, along with the size, adds to the enjoyment of the gear change.

The resin one I used briefly and is fine - greater weight than the OEM, which improves the feel. Good to have in reserve.
I am very pleased with the change and would certainly recommend ixi.

Great stuff. I was certainly happy when I got mine, just not used it yet! Won't be long though hopefully!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back