Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gathering history - 1984 911 turbo

tony bostock

have just purchased 930 911 turbo 1984......history for the car is partial, some receipts but not all....e.g have all the mots and service book detailing the first four owners. According to HPI a total of 10 owners.

I was planning on trying to contact all previous owners to try and build a full history and contact all the porsche centres and independents listed in the service history....

Have to hope that most of the contact deatils are current to try and track a full 21 year history will be worth it in the end.

Any advice or time saving tips would be much appreciated......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30948

Hello, for a fee of £5.00 the DVLA will photcopy the old logbboks which will have all the old owners details on for you. Which is what I did on one of my old cars sent off four letters got back three replies.

Hope this helps.

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30953

Thanks very much. Have you any experience of collecting old service records/receipts or knowledge of OPC's being helpful or unhelpful as the case may be. Part of the service history has four stamps on it from 930 motorsport, have the tried email approach with them no reply so will now send letter and sae to cover postage, hoping that is successful.

Previous owner says he has mislaid reciepts for his expenditure e.g exhaust B&b headers, k28 turbo, bilsteins, tracking all expenditure other than mot. I have asked him for details of the suppliers, but his attitude is 'sold the car so not interested'. So far i have manged to track Billy Boat Exhaust systems address, so will contact them asking for duplicate receipt. Just hope that all the bollocks with data protection will not cause a problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 30955

Hi Tony

Its Charlie, we spoke on the phone on saturday. Sounds like you are getting things going. I found that with my old turbo, any missing history I just phoned the number from the dealer in question (number normally on the stamp in servive book). Depending on how far back you go they may have the work history on their filing system. Swindon Porsche sent me all the work done free of charge and just blanked out the previous owners details to maintain confidentiality. You have to be patient but most people are normally happy to help. You should make more use of this website as some members may have been a previous owners of your car so put more details of your car on, you never know.

Charlie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31008

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back