Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FS: 996 PSE rear boxes

rob2005

Recently took my 996 C4S to an exhaust company locally to repair my drivers side rear PSE box as it had a rattle inside it.

After a lengthy conversation we are now building a full system from stainless instead of repairing my original back box.

I therefore have 2 rear Original PSE boxes with working actuators etc although the drivers box does have a rattle inside it.

These can be repaired but i chose not to as for a few £££ more ive had a full stainless with valves (from a different car) installed.

I have No idea what to ask really So please send offers through and the first sensible one I will happily accept.

Delivery to be around £40 for the pair + the offer cost.

Please note again these are not new and one is rattling but works fine and has been removed from a 996 C4S 2003 Manual with 70k. :thumb:

Hello,
I am potentially interested in these. Any ideas what the rattle is specifically? some sort of baffle or the actual valve plate broken from its mounting? What was the approximate price quoted to fix it?

Thanks

Its internal, from what I've seen by searching other forums is the welds inside on the baffle tubes fatigue so its just a matter of opening it up (plasma cutter) re welding the broken welds then closing the silencer again.

I decided not to as Im 'future-proofing' my C4S so exhaust first then engine out etc.

The valves are fine and I was going to use them on the system that being built but we found other valves to use so we didn't have to cannibalise the boxes. :thumb:

valves

Hi where did you find new valves I want to fit bypass pipes to mine and switch them would appreciate your help :thumb:

valves

Hi where did you find new valves I want to fit bypass pipes to mine and switch them would appreciate your help :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back