Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front center scoop 991 505 989 00 replacement

Lordturpin

Silverstone
Morning,

Long shot....The black plastic front scoop or black plastic insert in the center of the front bumper on my 991.1 C2 has become damaged, not sure how..

It looks like it may of had some form of impact either from below on a speed bump or similar pushing it up or possibly hitting home debris on the road. Rest of bumper looks fine.

Either way the scoop is dislodged and damaged, and a number of clips are broken.

I have a replacement but i am not sure if its a front bumper off job or if i can replace it from the front ?

Anyone have any experience here ?

Many Thanks

Attachments

• 9911_171.png
    9911_171.png
    875.1 KB · Views: 1,893
  • scoop2_372.jpg
    scoop2_372.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,893
Hi there, I managed to replace mine with the bumper in situ - There are small square cut outs on the underside of the bumper and I managed to get one hand in to position the new cover after which I used a small wheel brace to get in behind it to ensure the clips were fully engaged.

A bit awkward but is doable.

Paul

That is very useful - given me the confidence to give it a go.

Thank you :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back