Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front boot seal replacement

blimp12

Evening All,

I was wondering if anyone on here has replaced their front boot seal? Mine has seen better days and is letting in water. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,
I had my front boot seal replaced about a year or so ago. Bought the seal courtesy of PC Byfleet and thought it would be an easy afternoon fix - wrong!
Admittedly I'm not the most capable with DIY jobs but it's not an easy fix and so in the end i asked my brother in law who has his own Ferrari/Porsche servicing business to fix it. He had to take the boot lid off to get the seal to seat properly under the front hinges! Labour was about 2 hours or so I believe. Best advice is to get your favourite independent Porsche garage to do it for you.
Best wishes
Neil

Thanks Neil, that's what I was afraid of. I've booked it into 911 Bodyshop in Wembley for that and the sunroof seal whilst I'm at it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kakamama
Back