Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Freshened up

v6toj

Trainee
So today I changed my rear bumper/engine trim for a new item. Chuffed with the difference

Have you still got your resonator in the airbox? Half the point of the induction pipe is to do away with it and increase air flow through the filter.

I've been meaning to look at changing mine.. Did you purchase it from an OPC.. how much was it ?

Thanks
Johnny

It's a yes from me :thumbs:

Alex said:
Have you still got your resonator in the airbox? Half the point of the induction pipe is to do away with it and increase air flow through the filter.

Do you mean where his carbon cap is? Looks to be sitting high?

JTBKK said:
I've been meaning to look at changing mine.. Did you purchase it from an OPC.. how much was it ?

Thanks
Johnny

Johnny I paid £41.38 for part including screws and postage delivered from porsche.

Gt3Owl said:
Tidy Job 👌 I did mine in carbon 😎

That's a cool idea, did you wrap it in carbon? I painted mine initially but was way too pitted to look good enough hence new part.

Alex said:

Alex not sure, the car came with the induction pipe. I'll have a look and check if there is a resonator in the air box (not that I know what that looks like lol) cheers

v6toj said:
Gt3Owl said:

That's a cool idea, did you wrap it in carbon? I painted mine initially but was way too pitted to look good enough hence new part.

Yeah filled and painted it black then wrapped it, makes a difference when there fresh...that's the kinda detail I like when I buy something 👌

Gt3Owl said:
v6toj said:
Gt3Owl said:

Yeah filled and painted it black then wrapped it, makes a difference when there fresh...that's the kinda detail I like when I buy something 👌

Nice, yeah I agree it's amazing how small details can give so much satisfaction. I'm no mechanic but really bonding with the car each time I make a small improvement.

v6toj said:
Gt3Owl said:
v6toj said:
Gt3Owl said:

Nice, yeah I agree it's amazing how small details can give so much satisfaction. I'm no mechanic but really bonding with the car each time I make a small improvement.

Thats the sprit 👌 your resonator delete looks OK, mine has a metal cap rather than a carbon bung... sure Alex will explain what he meant.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back