Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fresh air intake

Tycho

Having a poke around yesterday I noticed that the fresh air intake gasket does not quite fit the space in the frame under the spoiler exactly, it's over to one side.

I can't see any means of adjustment. Any suggestions Gents? Just please no one tell me this must be the result of a horrendous rear end shunt of which I was blissfully unaware!

Attachments

• fresh_air_intake_637.jpg
    fresh_air_intake_637.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 2,990
My cars rear fresh air intake looks exactly the same.
Cheers,
Tore

Hi,

Below is a picture of mine, looks pretty similar to me.

ATB :)

Attachments

• air_intake_145.jpg
    air_intake_145.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 2,923
There's a couple of self tapping bolts holding the intake in place. The bracket allows for some adjustment if it bothers you. I think most are like your one though.

ToreB said:
Cheers,
Tore

+1

Buy a new one, £4.00 + vat from your local OPC.

Part Number; 993 211 270 01, Gasket.

ToreB said:
Cheers,
Tore

+2

Same here, every time I clean the car I put it back and then the next time it's out again, has been for the past five years......

Thanks Chaps, one less thing to worry about. But looking at the weather forecast for the weekend up here, I think I may do some tinkering on Sunday.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back