Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fray on rear seat belt

BingB

Monza
Guys,

I noticed yesterday that there is some fraying on the rear seat belt, how can I address this? The car has an OPC warranty btw is this a replaceable warranted part?

How bad? Picture?
They have a tendency to get caught on the folding seat latch and can get nicked. Both mine are like that, I asked when MOT'd specifically on this safety concern and the car passed.
As for Warranty - I'd guess this would be classed as wear and tear.

Gollom122 said:
How bad? Picture?
They have a tendency to get caught on the folding seat latch and can get nicked. Both mine are like that, I asked when MOT'd specifically on this safety concern and the car passed.
As for Warranty - I'd guess this would be classed as wear and tear.

i don't have a pic to hand but that sounds like what must have happened over the years. Are belts expensive to replace and do they have to be done by an OPC?

Not sure about cost of replacement but I do know from my previous car that had a belt with a slight fray that the cheapest fix was a piece of black electrical tape around the offending fray when it comes to an MOT.

My dealer said that the damage was a slight nick that in no way impaired the performance of the belts but would be a sure MOT fail as even the slightest damage was.

search here for belt colour change - I recall approx £35 per belt using the existing mechanism.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back