Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forgive my ignorance.....Radiators/Condensers.........

michelin

Indianapolis
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
2,422
Would anybody be so kind to answer the following please?
1. Front of car: Radiators/Condensers, location and how many?
2. Air conditioning major parts i.e. pump etc etc, location please.
3. Rear of car: Any?
:thumb:
 
Front of car:
Two condensers (visible through PU apertures)
Two rads (directly behind condensers, you may be able to see base of rad peeping out)
[Three rads if Tip or PDK or X51* or GT3 or GT2, third mounted in the centre)

Behind dash/front bulk head:
Evaporator (cools air)
Heater matrix (heats air)

Rear of car:
Compressor (for a/c)
Water pump (for coolant/heater circuit)
[Turbo/GT2 = intercoolers!]


*Unless 996 C4S or Anniversary
 
As ever, GT4, many thanks for the info. :thumb:
 
GT4 said:
Front of car:
Two condensers (visible through PU apertures)
Two rads (directly behind condensers, you may be able to see base of rad peeping out)
[Three rads if Tip or PDK or X51* or GT3 or GT2, third mounted in the centre)

Behind dash/front bulk head:
Evaporator (cools air)
Heater matrix (heats air)

Rear of car:
Compressor (for a/c)
Water pump (for coolant/heater circuit)
[Turbo/GT2 = intercoolers!]


*Unless 996 C4S or Anniversary

Where do you get your knowledge from?! It's quite remarkable. Did your parents give you a Haynes manual for Porsche to read as a kid :)
 
It's all there in front of you, you just have to look.
 
Zantaz said:
GT4 said:
Front of car:
Two condensers (visible through PU apertures)
Two rads (directly behind condensers, you may be able to see base of rad peeping out)
[Three rads if Tip or PDK or X51* or GT3 or GT2, third mounted in the centre)

Behind dash/front bulk head:
Evaporator (cools air)
Heater matrix (heats air)

Rear of car:
Compressor (for a/c)
Water pump (for coolant/heater circuit)
[Turbo/GT2 = intercoolers!]


*Unless 996 C4S or Anniversary

Where do you get your knowledge from?! It's quite remarkable. Did your parents give you a Haynes manual for Porsche to read as a kid :)


Often wondered that myself.... :thumb:


-AP
 
I don't feel on my own now :oops:
 
GT4 said:
(Three rads if Tip or PDK or X51* or GT3 or GT2, third mounted in the centre)
Not quite, early PDK cars did not have the third centre rad. By far the majority do though, not entirely sure which month of production they changed it, might even have been for 2009 onwards.

Mine doesn't have one, for example, delivered Aug '08.
 
Thanks for info, still learning :thumb:

More details to add the next time that question is asked.

Not only are the variations problematic to remember, but even more so to answer the simplest question without more caveats than the average credit card T&Cs pamphlet.
 
:grin:

I like that saying, I'm going to pinch that one :)
 
Remind me to employ GT4 when I have a disagreement with The 'X'
:wink:
 
Ekona said:
:grin:

I like that saying, I'm going to pinch that one :)

Fair enough, I just made it up, but the PDK info is worth its weigth in gold.
 
This is excellent information!
I have a hole in my evaporator and I know AC and Fridge systems like the back of my hand being a Marine Engineer - but having searched for a spare evap online it would appear that "the internet" seems to forget they exist!! Everywhere has condensers and even lists radiators (???) in the A/C components stock lists but nowhere has an Evap.

Anybody have any suggestions where I can get a new one? Fitting it isn't a problem but actually getting one for less than the Porsche quoted price seems a nightmare!
 

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
124,536
Messages
1,446,081
Members
49,662
Latest member
NBavers
Back
Top