Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Forgive me for I have sinned...!

Nattyboy

Nurburgring
This morning I did the unthinkable.

I was working in the UK, and as the appointment was in Warwick (involving a nice drive up the fosse way through the cotswolds) rather than using the daily hack, I took the 997 for some fun.

It was an early start. I don't normally do it, and I'm not proud of it..but

I LEFT THE HOUSE WITHOUT HITTING THE PSE BUTTON..there I've said it ! :wack: :lol:

Actually..it's the first time Ive driven it in 2 months of ownership 'quietly' and it was kind of relaxing on an early morning cruise up the fosse way.

More than made up for it on the way back though !!!

Well I only have the courage to hit the button when I turn out of our road in the morning, I like my neighbours and I want it to stay that way :D

all my neihbours hate me, hence I dont have a button to turn down my straight through titanium exhausts :D

(***** em)

My PSE is default "ON" when I start my car. I assume yours is default "OFF"? I'm assuming this can be set by your friendly OPC.

Ron

Wasn't aware you could do that Ron..hmmmmm

rpm said:
My PSE is default "ON" when I start my car. I assume yours is default "OFF"? I'm assuming this can be set by your friendly OPC.

Ron
Not sure that can be done. But you can disconnect the vacuum switch which leaves it on and the switch useless.

Gollom122 said:
rpm said:

Ron
Not sure that can be done. But you can disconnect the vacuum switch which leaves it on and the switch useless.

True. However, when I turn on the car (PSE switched off), the exhaust will briefly rev and sound as though it is on and I have pressed the accelerator... Brilliant! Then goes quiet.... Until I hit 'the' button! :D

Just unplug it. Job's an orange root vegetable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back