Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

FOR SALE: PO13KER

I've seen worse and it's not too bad a price - unless you add in the cost of a 2013 car that is :roll:

:?

I understand (ish) why all the POKER relevant plates are priced at £999 but what's so special about PO54KER for it to be £2599. :?:

You get a free registration number when you buy a car. Unless it spells T**SER or something similar why bother changing it?

Well, R66NAW is free, and only two hundred and fifty quid.

But I am looking forward to input from clarkycat with that one. :floor:

I was looking for BE11 END :frustrated:

Fox Terrier said:
You get a free registration number when you buy a car. Unless it spells T**SER or something similar why bother changing it?

Got it in one :thumb:

T8 said:
:?

I understand (ish) why all the POKER relevant plates are priced at £999 but what's so special about PO54KER for it to be £2599. :?:

Exactly what I was thinking...

Very big market for tardy illiterates.

It goes like this:

Financially incontinent late-comer to band-wagon sees plate already sold (successfully spelling something without the need for additional screws or mind altering drugs to create a proper English word), and incensed to the point of apoplexy at missing the boat, they do what all emotionally poor, but cash rich do at auctions or other market-driven situations, and over-bid by a ridiculous premium total tat that has a vaguely possible resonance with the original genuine product.

Hence vulgar wads of cash spent on drivel plates like "P88RRK".

You really are the best present anyone could wish for, and you don't even need batteries, just good old fashioned wind-up :floor:

Errrm hardly wound up, just pointing out the facts:

- not spending a vulgar wad of cash on a plate as alleged, and
- you being a tit

:D

No, I mean as in getting a reaction.

Although I do make that twice in a row you haven't actually defended the "drivel" line.

Merry Crimbo!

PS - technically my point was one of relative values: "over-bid by a ridiculous premium total tat that has a vaguely possible resonance", which given your plate doesn't successfully spell something without the need for additional screws or mind altering drugs to create a proper English word, implies an infinite premium paid, even if it were just a pound.

:hand: :floor:

Very kind, and apologies for the last minute edit to the above post, but I've only half a mind on the forum this morning, as we are all trying to get ourselves out the door and into the car.

Big Yuletide shindig at the Posaker's.

They've even gone so far as to get a marquee in the grounds for the orchestra.

But that's the infamous Posakers for you, vastly more money than sense (although with their in-bred genes, that's hardly the hurdle it might have been)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back