Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Floor mats

Steve Wright

Spa-Francorchamps
Are genuine mats still the best option or do we have alternatives the same or better quality. Anyone know genuine mat prices now. Thanks

I bought some new OPC supplied Porsche mats for my 996 last summer.

They are nowhere near the quality of the originals. More of a manmade feel than the deep pile wool ones that were in the car.

I'm sure there's better quality / value to be had elsewhere nowadays.

HMG66 said:
I bought some new OPC supplied Porsche mats for my 996 last summer.

They are nowhere near the quality of the originals. More of a manmade feel than the deep pile wool ones that were in the car.

I'm sure there's better quality / value to be had elsewhere nowadays.

Yes I bought some genuine ones off ebay for my boxster but the quality wasn't great like you said . I thought maybe there copies of original but maybe not if the quality has dropped off.

I bought some form an OPC a short while ago, they fit best and look like they belong in the car. In my opinion anything else is aftermarket and looks aftermarket.

Circa £115 for all four, but you can also only buy the front 2 for less.

Remember Boxster mats are identical if you just need the front ones.

Robertb said:
Remember Boxster mats are identical if you just need the front ones.
I saw something about bose which I need to check.

OEM mats are OK but IMHO Autostyle bespoke are better and you have a choice of carpet colour, edge binding and embroidery if you want.

Their 'Premier' grade is very durable and feels a bit more plush than the Porsche ones, without being too thick or shedding (as some of the cheap deep pile ones often do),

Been using them for over 30 years and wouldn't go anywhere else.

They fit as original and at c£65 + P&P for a set, you can't go wrong.

They do also offer Sheepskin and Lambswool mats, if you would rather.

Give Peter a call, if you have any special requests - beyond the wide range of options that they provide.

These are the ones in my 991:

IMG-20200909-150025749-2.jpg

IMG-20200910-110909003.jpg

Note: Just promoting a good supplier - I have no financial interest and gain nothing from my recommendations.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back