Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flippin DVLA!!

Nishal Patel

Monza
Time for a rant.

I was caught speeding by a camera 4 years ago and landed a 60 squid fine eventhough i was driving a borrowed 1.0 8V 1989 Nissan Micra. Don't ask how, where, when and why?

Patiently i have waited for the years to pass and contacted the DVLA and found that that'll be £19 admin fee to remove these nice endorsements.

Now, the way i see it- shouldn't they include these costs into the initial fine and save me the bother of paying again!!!

Pissed off and getting a roadmaster satnav with camera detector soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48048

So in effect the DVLA want to 'fine' you £19 for driving safely for the last 4 years, it makes my blood boil!

Last Sunday I saw somebody overtake on double white lines, a guy totally ignore a red light, and then I was dangerously cut-up by a white van nutter who decided to under-take me on a hashed area at the end of a dual carriageway; they all got away with it as there were no police patrol cars around. Later I saw a guy flashed by a scamera entering a 40 mph zone, the road was rural and quiet, he couldn't have been doing much more than 45 mph, was it dangerous? no, but he will pay the price and the real dangerous drivers get away with it.

It's all wrong.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48051

If this is the rants section then here we go,

They are now going to use cameras to catch you if you:-

Speed
Dont Wear Seatbelts
Dont have tax
Dont have insurence
Dont have MOT
Talk on the mobile phone
Have not paid congeston charge
Have gone through a red light
Drive in the Bus Lane
Drive in a taxi lane
Park illegally
Drive on the M4 bus lane
Drive inconsideratelly?

Now whilst I may agree with some of the above, this means that within 7 days of an offence comitted say in the top of Scotland, I will get a ticket in Wales.

Technology allows us to prosecute petty crimes to the fullest extent of the law, however if I rob a building society, and on the way out I bash an old lady over the head with a cosh, stoping to punch a cyclist in the face, and once I arrive home possibly I do some insider share dealing, the likley hood of me being caught

Very Ver Very Very Very Small

Unless I broke a motoring law on the way home from my crimes, I am extremley likley to get away with the bloody lot :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway Rant over,

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48054

Well done to the great British public for voting in Labour again :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48055

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 07 March 2006

Well done to the great British public for voting in Labour again :roll:
Problem is motorists are soft targets - and it sounds like this thread could get political!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48056

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 07 March 2006
If this is the rants section then here we go,

They are now going to use cameras to catch you if you:-

Speed
Dont Wear Seatbelts
Dont have tax
Dont have insurence
Dont have MOT
Talk on the mobile phone
Have not paid congeston charge
Have gone through a red light
Drive in the Bus Lane
Drive in a taxi lane
Park illegally
Drive on the M4 bus lane
Drive inconsideratelly?

Now whilst I may agree with some of the above, this means that within 7 days of an offence comitted say in the top of Scotland, I will get a ticket in Wales.

Technology allows us to prosecute petty crimes to the fullest extent of the law, however if I rob a building society, and on the way out I bash an old lady over the head with a cosh, stoping to punch a cyclist in the face, and once I arrive home possibly I do some insider share dealing, the likley hood of me being caught

Very Ver Very Very Very Small

Unless I broke a motoring law on the way home from my crimes, I am extremley likley to get away with the bloody lot :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Anyway Rant over,

Daz.

The cyclist was asking for it anyway!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48061

Esp if he was cycling on the pavement - another pet hate of mine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48065

Previous poster said:

If this is the rants section then here we go,They are now going to use cameras to catch you if you:-SpeedDont Wear SeatbeltsDont have taxDont have insurenceDont have MOTTalk on the mobile phoneHave not paid congeston chargeHave gone through a red lightDrive in the Bus Lane Drive in a taxi lanePark illegally Drive on the M4 bus laneDrive inconsideratelly?
I have no problem with people being busted for having no Insurance, tax or MOT, talking on the mobile whilst driving, jumping red lights.

If people don't want to wear seatbelts, that is their problem.

It stands to reason though that all these self-serving civil service pencil pushers need to raise the money to justify their jobs.

As said above, well done UK people for voting in Labour. Again :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48068

i think a lot of these messures would be in force which ever party were voted in. They're all the same just with different names. Like the VW Sharan!!

the government needs the money at the end of the day and everyone hates tax rises but wants everything to improve. The motorist is an easy target.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48069

See the problem with labour isnt the party its self, they've just run out of things to do

But they still need to have 'Big Ideas' to get them selfs on tv and to show the public they're 'doing' something

So hear comes these dumbass ideas and we all suffer for it hence why we need a change.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48070

smtk...where u been?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48071

How did we get from DVLC to the Labour party LOL

now come on lets seperate the rants up a bit please! :wink:

ohhhh add to the list ... someone sitting in the middle lane of a motorway, with no one else aroid, doing 70...............grrrrrrrr

ummmm is there any actual need or requirement to get the endorsements removed? Must confess to having a collection from way back when I was a naughty boy! but just haven't bothered to get them taken off. Should I? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48072

I suppose a clean licence would be better for Insurance purposes if you had a crash in terms premiums

How many of you declare that you have no penalties to Insurance companies even if they are more than 4 years old?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48074

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by David Rose on 07 March 2006

ohhhh add to the list ... someone sitting in the middle lane of a motorway, with no one else aroid, doing 70...............grrrrrrrr

Middle lane Morons...now that is something that really gets my blood boiling...i feel obliged to undertake them at 120* to prove a point :evil:

http://www.middlelanemorons.com/

*unit not stated :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48077

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 07 March 2006

Previous poster said:

If this is the rants section then here we go,They are now going to use cameras to catch you if you:-SpeedDont Wear SeatbeltsDont have taxDont have insurenceDont have MOTTalk on the mobile phoneHave not paid congeston chargeHave gone through a red lightDrive in the Bus Lane Drive in a taxi lanePark illegally Drive on the M4 bus laneDrive inconsideratelly?Now whilst I may agree with some of the above, this means that within 7 days of an offence comitted say in the top of Scotland, I will get a ticket in Wales.Technology allows us to prosecute petty crimes to the fullest extent of the law, however if I rob a building society, and on the way out I bash an old lady over the head with a cosh, stoping to punch a cyclist in the face, and once I arrive home possibly I do some insider share dealing, the likley hood of me being caughtVery Ver Very Very Very SmallUnless I broke a motoring law on the way home from my crimes, I am extremley likley to get away with the bloody lot :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Anyway Rant over,Daz.
The cyclist was asking for it anyway!

LOL, LOL, LOL

Best reaction for a while :D

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 48085

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22