Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fitting new reg plates

db

Ive got some spanking new plates, done the whole transfer thing with those lovely people at the DVLA and....

...how the hell do you fit the rear plate to a 996? Anyone done it... I begrudge going to an OPC (they are rude enough on the telephone which is enough to put you off) and I dont want to f*** it up...

cheers if anyone can help

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107668

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by db on 08 January 2007
Ive got some spanking new plates, done the whole transfer thing with those lovely people at the DVLA and....
...how the hell do you fit the rear plate to a 996? Anyone done it... I begrudge going to an OPC (they are rude enough on the telephone which is enough to put you off) and I dont want to f*** it up...
I'm not the most technical, but you just unscrew the old one & screw the new one back on. It's the same as the front. Well thats all I did anyway. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107676

mine were held on by double sided tape

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107677

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by db on 08 January 2007

db, many are just taped on the rear with double sided adhesive pads, available from your local hlafords !

although getting off the odl tape is normally the hard part !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107683

When you get the plates made up you should get sticky sided tape. You will have to pull the old ones off and they will be well stuck on. They are probably cheaper to order online.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107699

Back one is normally double sided tape. My front one wouldn't stay on with it thought and it's now screwed on like normal......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107715

Mine is as Scott's, when i swapped over plates they were both held on by doublesided tape. a very strong pull was reuired to get them off. The back is easy to stick on but the front being curved didn't take, so screws were required.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107716

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 09 January 2007

When you get the plates made up you should get sticky sided tape. You will have to pull the old ones off and they will be well stuck on. They are probably cheaper to order online.
Where can you order plates online?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107717

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Mike993 on 09 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 09 January 2007

Where can you order plates online?
Place like "fancy plates" and like. All very similar, just make sure you get the UK legal plates as they will make up anything for you.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107725

I am really tempted by black plates with grey lettering, think they would look good on my seal grey. shame they are only legal pre 73 cars and i am too chicken.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107726

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by F1_Dragon on 09 January 2007

I am really tempted by black plates with grey lettering, think they would look good on my seal grey. shame they are only legal pre 73 cars and i am too chicken.
It's only a £30 fine. :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107733

cheers everyone for the advice.....

my current ones are fitted with screws at the front which is no probs....i was wondering what the rear one was held on with and some double sided sticky shinanigans that you suggested was as I expected....

nice one.....cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 107945

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back