Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

fitting a reversing camera to the PCCM Plus system

D15kko

sorry if this has already been answered, or even asked. I'm picking up a new( to me ) 996 turbo in a couple of days, which doesn't have reversing sensors. Now, I know I could simply get reversing sensors fitted, but in an effort to keep up the originality of the car, as it is relatively rare, I'd rather not cut holes into the bumper.

The car does have a new PCCM Plus infotainment system installed, and I was wondering if it was possible to connect a reversing camera to this and therefore avoid the 'cut'

has anyone done this for a 996? - I have heard ( on a FB forum ) that a Cayenne camera can be used?

thanks !
D15KKO

996 PCCM+ does not support reverse camera.

Honestly - my 996 also does not have sensors and after a very short while it became a non-issue. You'll get used to it, I find this car very easy to "feel" where it ends.

GrafZero said:
996 PCCM+ does not support reverse camera.

Honestly - my 996 also does not have sensors and after a very short while it became a non-issue. You'll get used to it, I find this car very easy to "feel" where it ends.

Thank you - I've done some digging and I make you right PCCM + does not support the back up camera. Massive let down.

Cheers, it's a weekend toy at best, will see how I get on, currently I'm new to the car, so am a little nervous of anything 8 foot or closer :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amitr
Back