Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First Post

acamp76144

Hello all,

I've been lurking around the forums for a while now and have only posted on the 991 section (i have a 997 4S and am awaiting the right time to bite the bullet on a mildly used 991 4S).

I am lucky enough to also have a 993, so had a browse on here too. Some great stuff and Johnttt has inspired me to do some tweaking on the "old girl". Its a black 4S, 40k miles with a GT2 body kit on it, one owner before i got it and is kept in a dehumidified garage. Will take and put up some pics so as not to be rude :)

The dealer fitted sony head unit isnt working (same one that other replaced here thinking they were retrofitted), so after much rummaging in the roofspace I have sourced a similar era Kenwood unit that I had in my cars in the late 90 (its the one that electronically retracts and puts a "blanking plate" over the head unit when the ignition is turned off). Not an OEM option i know but is kind of in keeping with the times and will take me back...

I've ordered the HID lights from Tor as the yelllowness had always annoyed me, and also on the list are RSRs, sports airbox and a few other minor tweaks. Would love to have Waynes remap but alas I'm on the wrong side of the Irish sea..

Looking forward to getting started

Came across vid below which was interesting re 993

AC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZF0o5GFmzU

Full GT2 kit inc wheels, arch extensions etc ?.

Look forward to some pics :thumb:

If you can lay your hands on a Becker Cascade Pro or Grand Prix it would be more in keeping with a 993's interior.

Nice :thumb: Has your car got the heavy duty coat hooks fitted :dont know:

Dom B said:

If you can lay your hands on a Becker Cascade Pro or Grand Prix it would be more in keeping with a 993's interior.

No, just the front and rear spoilers. 4S is pretty fat already and not too keen on rivets!

acamp76144 said:
Dom B said:

No, just the front and rear spoilers. 4S is pretty fat already and not too keen on rivets!

Sounds like a lovely car - would be great if you could stick a couple of photos up...would love to see it! :D

OPC Belfast had a black 4S (could have been a Turbo) circa 1998 fitted with the GT2 front and rear spoilers and I remember loving it! Your car sounds fantastic! :thumb:

Hi acamp....and welcome....the Sony head unit can be reset if it is not playing cd's.....there is a reset button under the facia which I have taken off before but for the life of me can't remember quite how without going down to the car.....but it can be done.

Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Dom B said:

Sounds like a lovely car - would be great if you could stick a couple of photos up...would love to see it! :D

OPC Belfast had a black 4S (could have been a Turbo) circa 1998 fitted with the GT2 front and rear spoilers and I remember loving it! Your car sounds fantastic! :thumb:

Small world - that's my car :D :D

U based in Belfast too?

acamp76144 said:
Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Dom B said:

U based in Belfast too?

Hi, I'm based in a place called Banbridge (around 25 miles outside of Belfast) but I remember your car well when I was younger sitting at and in the showroom when OPC Belfast was 'Isaac Agnew Porsche' and based at Mallusk (just outside of Belfast). I can even remember the registration it had on it - JAZ 500.

I often wondered what happened to the car as it was very special to me at the time - it had very very few miles on it the last time I saw it in the flesh (around '98) so it's great to know of it's still around!

If you could post a few pictures of it up I'd really love to see it again!

Regards,
Paul

Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Dom B said:

U based in Belfast too?

Hi, I'm based in a place called Banbridge (around 25 miles outside of Belfast) but I remember your car well when I was younger sitting at and in the showroom when OPC Belfast was 'Isaac Agnew Porsche' and based at Mallusk (just outside of Belfast). I can even remember the registration it had on it - JAZ 500.

I often wondered what happened to the car as it was very special to me at the time - it had very very few miles on it the last time I saw it in the flesh (around '98) so it's great to know of it's still around!

Regards,
Paul

The car currently resides in Lisburn so not far from you. Will post some pics once I get a chance to clean & polish her up to 911UK forum standards!

acamp76144 said:
Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Paul_911 said:
acamp76144 said:
Dom B said:

U based in Belfast too?

Regards,
Paul

The car currently resides in Lisburn so not far from you. Will post some pics once I get a chance to clean & polish her up to 911UK forum standards!

Ah right ok...maybe I've seen your 991 around then! I wasn't sure whether or not it was still over here or that you were on the mainland - I believe at least 2 of the 3 993's we owned are now over there so it's great to hear your car and one I remember so well is so close by!

If you ever see a Polar Silver 996 Turbo on the A1 or M1 it'll likely be me or my Dad!

I look forward to seeing the pictures - many thanks for the reply!

Paul

Pics

Some pics below

null_zps18e65411.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Bum shot..

0ffecf19-7e84-4ffa-8139-6c2abc5e199c.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Not sure that number plate blur is really working on that last pic.

But other than that, :thumb:

GT4 said:
Not sure that number plate blur is really working on that last pic.

But other than that, :thumb:

Ha - yea, that didn't work properly but then just gave up :)

Just watched the video in your first link. Quite enjoyed it - thanks !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back