Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first porsche; thoughts anyone?

stuart1981

hey

going to look this we for my first porsche (964 / '90) this weekend and heard from this forum via a friend

just wondering whether anyone has some sort of view on the below

Many tx!!

Porsche 911 Carrera 4 3.6

First Registered: 1 Jan 1990 "G" Registration 89,000 Miles

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_7898013.jpg

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_7898015.jpg

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_7898016.jpg

porsche-911-coupe-petrol_7898014.jpg

Mod Update, thread Moved fro 996 to 964 sub-forum

How about a nice 2000 996 C2 ??

Got a lovely LHD one for you :)

Looks like a good deal, but it would require a going-over by someone who knows 964s intimately to ensure that no big bills are in the offing. A couple of minor jobs, a niggle here and there and before you know it you've spent 10k (experience!). With these lovely air cooled cars it is often cheaper to spend a bit more at purchase. Having said that, if you get it inspected by someone decent and it checks out then go for it. 964s are in demand at the moment, so you know you have a depreciation proof car. And of course something you'll get loads of pleasure from.

As Blindspot says looks a good deal but get it inspected. A decent PPI has the potential to save you '000's or a minimum give you some piece of mind.

:welcome:

That looks a good price, for a purchase from a dealer, so if its still for sale by Saturday it may have issues.

Make sure someone who knows about 964s has a look at it.

I wont jump in buddy,but if you dont buy the car can you tell us as i wouldn't mind a go at it myself... Cheers,and good luck.

At that price if it is half reasonable and with the mileage that car WILL be sold by Saturday.

As said above with no nasty surprises it is underpriced and you could easily sink £10k into it and not lose money. Good cars currently make £20k all day long which suggests the dealer doesn't know (doubtful) or there's a history

If I hadn't just bought one I'd be in with an offer and desposit over the phone to secure first refusal.

What you really need is lovely basalt black 997 GT3 :mrgreen:

Hi Stuart,

First, I am by no means an expert on this subject but I can offer you a comparison.

After a long search I recently purchased a similar car for more thousands of pounds and with more thousands of miles than that one. The car I bought has a vast history and good provenance - even so it is not without some issues, albeit minor (I hope).

As others have said, if it is a sound car it is good value and will be sold in no time. I suggest you find a local expert to help you in your quest.

Happy hunting.

Steve

Mr Bacchus said:
Hi Stuart,

First, I am by no means an expert on this subject but I can offer you a comparison.

After a long search I recently purchased a similar car for more thousands of pounds and with more thousands of miles than that one. The car I bought has a vast history and good provenance - even so it is not without some issues, albeit minor (I hope).

As others have said, if it is a sound car it is good value and will be sold in no time. I suggest you find a local expert to help you in your quest.

Happy hunting.

Steve

Ditto - bought my 90 C4 Coupe in the summer from an independent Porsche dealer with a heck of a lot more miles on for a few thousand £ more.

At that mileage I would check for a top end rebuild as that is pricey to undertake - one of the first things I would check. If it's been done and paperwork stacks up then get it inspected asap as it could be a bargain!

Good luck! :)

That sounds well cheap.... If your serious you gotta get it checked out, those 964's are going thru the roof, so the dealer must be out the loop or its Defo gonna need stacks of ££££

Just read the spiel from the advert:

This car has been fully inspected. Any items that need attention are addressed and the price includes a warranty and full valet prior to delivery.

:eek: What is there to lose given that a trader has to comply with certain requirements under Legislation unless trade sale/sold as is etc :dont know: Cat D ?

Might have already sold? Can't see it on their website anymore.
Edit, just found it! As you were!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benny-g
Back