Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first blatt of the year

popmotorsport

Hi all,
Ive had my 996 since October last year its had the odd local outing but its mainly been under its winter cover, covered in snow.
But this weekend i allowed her to break free with a small roadtrip,from Stafford to Chester with the obligatory call in at Demon tweeks , a overnight stop in Chester then a trip into North wales today , sun shinning ,dry empty roads snow covered mountains as a back drop , shades on and 300 bhp under my toe bliss , now thats what i bought my 996 for, we had a trip up at the horeshoe pass amazing views, massive snow drifts on the side of the road, the car park was busy with bikers being a former biker myself i chuckled as i sat in my nice warm chariot admiring the views ,bikes are great but not as civilised as the porsche but fair play to them all for getting out there and enjoying the ride.
A nice run back to home through Shropshire was slighlty spoilt by some arse in carrera 4s who thought it was big and clever to blast past and shower me in grit and crap then as always happends found himself sat behind traffic and me right behind him again ! chuckling to myself.
a wash off and coat of ac50 for the car when we got home and shes ready for our next road trip probably the dales next time .
a great weekend in a great car ! :D

Sounds very enjoyable :thumb:

I'm sorry guys, but after much chiding from Tony991S, I didn't SORN my toys this winter.

The upshot is, the longest, coldest, wettest (if snow is classed as wet) winters we have had since 1969 (or something).

:coat:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back