Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fire extinguisher fixings for part no.K 993 722 115 70

Roadrunner996

Hello,
I've bought a fire extinguisher to complete my clubsport package (the original is probably sitting in a previous owners garage as I type....).
My OPC very kindly ordered what I assumed were the fixings :

K 996 722 211 90 - Spacer sleeve x 2 : Chunky piece of metal
K 996 722 213 90 - Stopper x 2 : Ribbed plugs that may fit over sleeve or into carpet if the fire extinguisher is not fitted ?
K 996 722 233 90 - Spacer x 2 : Cylinders of polystyrene, too big for stopper.

Questions:

1. I don't have bolts to screw everything down. If I had two, should these go through the bracket and through the spacer sleeve to fix into the floorpan (to leave a gap between the carpet and extinguisher). Should these have been in the box ?
2. Are the stoppers only required to plug the holes if you remove the extinguisher completely ?
3. Do the polystyrene spacers push though the carpet and sound deadening if the stoppers are used (because the extinguisher is removed) ?
4. Does the extinguisher bracket sit on the carpet bolted directly to the floorpan ? If so, what are these additional parts for ?
5. And finally.......why didn't my OPC sell me two bolts to hold the thing in place :dont know:

If anyone with a 996/997 clubsport is popping out to their garage tomorrow morning can you have a look at your set up. I would appreciate any feedback :thumbs:

Many Thanks

Sounds like you are missing the bolts. I can only assume the plugs are to fill the holes in the carpet if you subsequently remove it. From new the carpet has a pre cut hole in it but its still intact, if you know what I mean, under the carpet is about 30mm of foam insulation so when these bits of carpet come out the are like a small cylinder shape, these can go back in and you can hardly notice the holes so I suppose you get them in your kit in case the original bits were lost.

Don't know what the rubber bungs are? What seemed to be missing on mine was anyway of stopping the extinguisher actually resting on the bolt heads when it was strapped in its bracket, maybe these rubber parts are to protect it or stop it rattling? Can you put a picture up?

Thanks for the reply, I think it makes sense now.
The polystyrene spacer must fit in the hole with the stopper over it when the extinguisher isn't in place (or I could just put the floormat back in !!).
I'm guessing that the spacer sleeves 'drop' into the holes with the (missing) bolts running through them.
I'll confirm with my OPC tomorrow when ordering the bolts :thumb:

Attachments

• fe_091212_130.jpg
    fe_091212_130.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 2,359
ps I wasn't being lazy but I couldn't get the car out due to the weather and access to the nearside is rather limited as you can see :oops:

Attachments

• garage_091212_184.jpg
    garage_091212_184.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 2,353
Roadrunner996 said:
Thanks for the reply, I think it makes sense now.
The polystyrene spacer must fit in the hole with the stopper over it when the extinguisher isn't in place (or I could just put the floormat back in !!).
I'm guessing that the spacer sleeves 'drop' into the holes with the (missing) bolts running through them.
I'll confirm with my OPC tomorrow when ordering the bolts :thumb:

That is exactly how it is meant to be. :thumb:
The carpet and its thick underlay are perforated by water jet cutter before installation, but once you break the pieces out to install the extinguisher they won't stay firmly in place if you put them back in. The plastic caps are intended to be a substitute.
The distance pieces allow the bracket to be rigidly fixed to the floor without crushing the carpet and its foam underlay.

Perfect !!! Many Thanks :thumbs:

Tight fit indeed, how on earth do you get in :lol:

Had they run out of GT03 plates at DVLA ?

Do you get into the car via roof hatch ?..... :roll:

I was a bit over to the left that day, normally I'll have an eight or nine inch gap on the nearside but I could never open the door.
Where you see the banners (door protectors !!) hanging down there are no celcon blocks so I've got around eighteen to twenty inches to squeeze myself out. I don't have a beer gut yet :puh: .

As for the number plate my birthday is the 4th December so its a 'real' personalised plate (to me). Only £250 from DVLA :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back