Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally got one

little fella

Silverstone
Finally bought a 3.4 996 off forum member locosaki after being messed about by a few dealers.

Its a C4 thats been converted to rear wheel drive.
Bilstein pss9 suspension with front lift kit.
Carnewal exhaust with 200cel cats.
New brakes all round with larger front disks/6 pot calipers.

Hartech have also rebuilt the engine 5000 miles ago costing over 10k.

The car has also had a lot of other bits replaced over last few years, big pile of receipts and is in really good shape with 156000 on the clock.
Drives great and the engine pulls well from any revs, even my mate was
impressed and he's got a 996 turbo.

Carl
:D

I use Postimage for putting pictures on here, quick and easy. Look forward to seeing it, it sounds great.

MC

Nice one!

I remember his posts on here throughout his ownership, including the engine rebuild. As ever, one owners nightmare is the next owners gain. :D

It should serve you well. Enjoy! :thumb:

welcome :)

Did your Insurance company query or slap up the premium with regard to the RWD conversion?

I was toying with going a similar route on my C4...

Some pics of the car :D

Not sure about the steering wheel though? how much would it be worth to sell on? quite fancy a 3 spoke airbag wheel but they aren't cheap.

Attachments

• 20210421_092110_851.jpg
    20210421_092110_851.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 2,261
  • 20210502_135144_197.jpg
    20210502_135144_197.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,261
  • 20210502_135107_188.jpg
    20210502_135107_188.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,261
Marky911 said:
Nice one!

I remember his posts on here throughout his ownership, including the engine rebuild. As ever, one owners nightmare is the next owners gain. :D

It should serve you well. Enjoy! :thumb:

Yeah that's what i thought, the hartech rebuild is what attracted me to it.
Fingers crossed all the big bills are covered now.

giraffeinbath said:
welcome :)

Did your Insurance company query or slap up the premium with regard to the RWD conversion?

I was toying with going a similar route on my C4...

Erm i forgot to tell them :floor:

I told them about the other mods though and they weren't bothered.

Good to see the car going to a forum member. The car has had some amount of money spent on it so surely you'll be good mate. Enjoy it 👍

Looks a lovely car with some really great work carried out.
I'm sure it'll bring lots of smiles :D
Enjoy and welcome :thumbs:

Locosaki said:
Good to see the car going to a forum member. The car has had some amount of money spent on it so surely you'll be good mate. Enjoy it 👍

Thanks Craig, how's the car hunt going?

I've just got myself an E92 M3 the other day so the hunt is now over. I've always fancied trying one so the first road trip away will be the tell tale as to whether I've done the right thing or not

Wicked, and i love the steering wheel ...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dicreamio
Back