Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ferrari owners worried

911Silverback

This is off one of the fchat forums. Its causing quite a stir nearly a 100 posts so far on this one...

<<<WE HAVE A PROBLEMThe new 997 GT3 at the hands of Walter Roehrl is 5 (YES 5) seconds per lap quicker around the Nordschleife than the 996 GT3howeverthe 997 GT3 is 9 (that's NINE) seconds quicker than a F430 F1 driven by the same Walter and it is $60 K cheaper..........When is our beloved Ferrari going to wake up???Even me, the die-hard F-lover is getting tempted......The RS version will be even quicker and comes out this fall.The line starts here !>>>
Lol.. But what does that say for the new GT3 only 5secs quicker than the MK2 and the new 3 runs with cups as standard!!!!!
...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51648

:eek:
That's one heck of a gap for them to catch up! May be they can tape up the panel gaps with gaffa tapes and it might just make enough difference! :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51650

Thinking the Mk2 is still the car to have!

Bit disappointed the new 3 is only 4secs quicker.. bet the new TT blitzes the new GT3s time..

That aint right??

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51654

Must be the PSM, helping out to give him better times :twisted:

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51655

New 3 has PASM not PSM

Really Daz!! :wink:

And if you put cups on a mk2 its 6secs quicker round the ring than standard treads!!

So whats that about??? :?

MK2 GT3 best car in the world ever?? Values rising quicker than eyebrows at Seagulls drinking gear??? :D

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51660

Give them something else to worry about other than their orange tans and bright white teeth - oops

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51663

great post rob !

maybe they're bring about the F430M in a few years but update the electronic on the steering wheel dial with a setting to help their owners try and beat the traction control less 997 GT3 !

2005_Ferrari_F430__steering%20wheel%20manettino.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51665

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 30 March 2006

MK2 GT3 best car in the world ever?? Values rising quicker than eyebrows at Seagulls drinking gear??? :D

...rob
LOL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51666

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 30 March 2006

...rob
Yeah...especially in red...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51671

you know it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51680

So guys, what do you make of the new 3s times at the ring?

Sort of put me off hows about yous

Also what treads you 3 boys wearing? Considered cups??

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51812

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 31 March 2006

So guys, what do you make of the new 3s times at the ring?

Sort of put me off hows about yous

Also what treads you 3 boys wearing? Considered cups??

...rob

It's impressive that the 996 version is only marginally slower than the 997, with this slim margin of difference I wonder, how much difference any of us would really notice. the thing that amazed me with the performance figures on it though was the 0-100 times, seemed incredible.

Don't know about you guys but the reality is mines a keeper, much as I'd love to go out a buy a new one every few years, I can't justify it to myself. It'll join the Lotus as my mini classic car collection!

I'm still running on the standard Michelin Pilots if I recall whats fitted correctly. I need new rears anyhow, so was probably just gonna do a straight replacement. The cups are supposed to be real good for track use as I recall but how do the rate for normal road use, which is where to be honest I do most of mileage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51818

Rob,

My original Mich Piolts are still on, they were new in October when I bought the car so still have plenty of tread left, I will change them for Pirrelli Corsa's when they are toast!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51824

fast car i agree but a porsche its still only a vw beetle and as common as a bmw 3 series

Migration info. Legacy thread was 51987

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueteddybear
Back