Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fatal Crash on the Westway in West London

Sarfend

Suzuka
MGB Roadster involved in a three car shunt just below our offices on the east bound Westway at Paddington. Very sad, the MG driver was injured and died at the scene. The road was/is closed.

infrasilver said:
Sad.

Very vulnerable cars, lot to be said for modern cars. I was looking at an MGB parked next to me yesterday and thought they look so weak.

A friend of my mum's was killed in a MG on the M40 a few years back, very sad :sad:

Looks like it was involved in a shunt. The back was totally destroyed by an MPV and the car was pushed into the back of a transit. Both the other vehicles were eventually driven away while the MG was loaded on the back of a low loader.

What it showed was how much car safety has advanced over the years.

Very sad - RIP.

...but it's not quite as simple as blaming old technology.

The real problem is size.

If a small 2013 NCAP 5 meets a big NCAP 2, who is going to walk away?

Don't blame the car entirely. OK, you're more vulnerable in an old car, but it's bad driving that causes accidents 99% of the time.
Drivers brought up with modern aids who don't know how to control a car properly are often lulled into a false sense of security & have no idea what to do when something goes wrong :nooo:
Current driving tests are totally inadequate IMHO.

Drove passed westbound yesterday about 11:30ish and saw the car. It was completely F##ked.

Always sad when you see these types of accidents.

Assumed someone must have missed a hidden queue otherwise not sure how it could have been so bad.

Could do with a few more warning signs along that route.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chmanc911
Back