Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Factory Visit

Bonno

Monza
Anyone been on the factory visit with the Porsche GB club.

I went back in September, left thursday evening and got back monday night. Some 2500 miles, went to Zuffaunhaussen and Leipzig and was given a full tour of both factories and even went out on the test track.

Managed to even get out on the "ring" for a few laps. Brilliant time, good food, v. nice people and plenty to drink and more importantly beautiful Porsche driving conditions.

Next trip is in April and September.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103803

Made an impromptu visit to the Porsche museum this year (had a day spare between Frankfurt and Paris), but the factory tour was fully booked.

There is a new museum opening soon (may already be open, but I think it said 2007), which sounds like it would be worth waiting for.

Had a misfire en-route and the dealer opposite the factory changed mass air-flow sensor and a pedal switch for less than half the OPC cost in the UK... Worth knowing if anyone is coming up for a major service and planning a visit around the same time?

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC_1343a.jpg

When was the last time you saw plants in an OPC workshop? Novelty plant pot though... wonder if I would be allowed a couple of them in my garden :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 103813

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back