Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 Round 12 at Spa

DRZ911

Indianapolis
Potentially a wet race today at Spa - who do you fancy to be there at the end :?:

Attachments

• wetspa_932.jpg
    wetspa_932.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 2,849
Looking like a wash-out.
If you were in charge, would you cancel completely or go ahead with a limited laps race?

Race it tomorrow would be my choice.

Go to Thruxton would have been my choice! Great weather BTCC rounds, crazy Mini racing, Ginettas and the Cayman Islands Porsche racing. Very entertaining too good to miss.

Attachments

• c3f8aa34_59b4_42e2_94cb_ddf536252c21_130.jpeg
    c3f8aa34_59b4_42e2_94cb_ddf536252c21_130.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,807
In my opinion, Spa should have been declared a cancelled race and no points awarded.
Thought it was cynical of the FIA to go 2 laps behind the safety car, then declare a result with half points.
Thruxton was excellent. :thumb:

DRZ911 said:
In my opinion, Spa should have been declared a cancelled race and no points awarded.
Thought it was cynical of the FIA to go 2 laps behind the safety car, then declare a result with half points.

I felt they were a bit damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Definitely not helped by what happened to Lando in Quali, and the day before 6 of the girls in Formula W 'doing a Hubert' - that was a seriously nasty crash and I was very relieved to see all drivers, ultimately, fine bar some soreness.

There would equally be criticism from the other side of the fence if they didn't at least try to get cars out there and racing.

I do wonder if they could have just allowed the cars to go out for sighting laps under full course yellow flag delta conditions, to see if the cars could lift enough of the water off the track, to start getting a dry line. It was never going to happen behind the safety car - always too slow in wet conditions due to lack of downforce / mechanical grip - but may well have if they'd been able to carry a bit more pace. Again though, that's a brave call to make if you're race director.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back