Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

F1 in W1

Richard Eff

Imola
Is anyone going to go and watch the F1 boys run up and down Regent Street on the 6th July? Alternatively, has anyone on this forum got an office overlooking Regent Street, hint hint?!

Richard

97 arctic silver c2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16286

I'll be going along. I have an office on Regents Street, sadly North of Oxford Circus, so no good at all I'm afraid !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16289

Any good ideas on where to watch? I went to watch the Olympic flame go past on Saturday, and despite thinking I was in pole position to spectate got swamped at the last minute by the crowd and it was a case of "ooops, there it is, sh*t, it's gone!"

Richard

97 arctic silver c2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16290

Richard

Let me see what I can find out - we are involved in some of the set-up anyway, and have a few of our F1 clients involved where we are preparing things for them, so I'll see what I can find out and advise you chaps. Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16291

That would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Richard

97 arctic silver c2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16293

I am planning on going along after work so any info would be great.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16383

Thanks Sundeep.

I had seen this but I am really after the exact route as some work friends of mine have an office at the lower end of Regents Street and I want to find out if their view is a starter or not......

Any news Andy ?? :wink:

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16386

I have seen a suggestion that the circuit will begin north of Oxford Street, run down Regent Street to Piccadilly, down Lower Regent Street, turn at Waterloo Place, then back up Regent Street via Hanover Street to Oxford Street.

Lower Regent Street might be a good place to watch as you would see the cars come down from Piccadilly at a good lick to Waterloo Place which is very wide, turn and then the drivers should be putting the boot in as they head back up the hill towards Piccadilly.

I can't say whether this is the gospel truth as far as the route is concerned though.

Any merit in trying to get a 911UK delegation together to watch the fun?

Richard

97 arctic siver c2 (currently aphid splattered as no time to clean!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16391

As far as I know it is just the lower part of Regents Street. Up one side, round Dickens and Jones and back down the other side and round Picadilly Circus at the bottom, creating a lap (of sorts !). View should be pretty good from anywhere. I would suggest that outside Austin Reed would be about perfect as you would be right on the outside of the curve and would be able to see the cars going in both directions for pretty much the whole of the lap.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16392

The route of the parade will run from Waterloo Place up Lower Regent Street to Piccadilly Circus and up Regent Street into Great Marlborough Street, left into Argyll Street, left at Little Argyll Street and then left back down Regent Street to Waterloo Place.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16396

This is the confirmed route according to a couple of the F1 websites:

"The cars will leave Waterloo Place, drive up Regent Street, turn right into Great Marlborough Street, left into Little Argyll Street and left again on to Regent Street, before returning to Waterloo Place."

They also give the running order of the cars, but say nothing about how many runs each car will make. Hopefully more than one!

Richard

97 arctic silver c2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16416

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back