Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust studs -> bolts

Bee

Hi all, first Porsche and maybe first post even - Hi and thanks in advance for any help.

I probably need to take my exhaust off, but these (see pics) should be stud and nut. How should I approach this? Angle grinder and replace with stainsless nuts and bolts?

Car is 2003, Carrera 2.

Attachments

• 2_489.jpg
    2_489.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 867
Yes, or cut them out with some other method. Stainless is the way to go. Screfix do decent M8 stainless nuts bolts and washers and are mega cheap.

PS: :welcome:

I've read that once you've cut the nuts off the studs the best way of getting the studs out is by using an SDS hammer drill in non rotation mode.

Good luck on my 996 those were studs with a nut. I was able to grind off the nut and remove the cat from the manifold but the stud was pressed on to the cat flange. You might need to take the catalytic convertor to a machine shop so they can remove the stud for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsl997
Back