Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Exhaust Silencers

Guys,

Please could anyone confirm if the exhaust silencers are the same on a 2000 C4 996 Tip as my 1998 996 Manual?

The seams have cracked on mine and i'm exploring the second hand market before jumping into buying new ones.

Cheers
Chris

i BELIEVE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 3.4'S AND 3.6'S (ignore the caps). I think turbos are different as well.

Both 1998 and 2000 cars will be 3.4.
The exhausts will fit. You may find that the exhausts from the tip car have bellows on the inlet pipe, this will still fit on a manual car.

You may also find someone can weld up the seams. I've had mine done (cost me a curry), and others have had this done for very reasonable costs. Find a welder who can do it, take them there yourself, and you should be looking at a cheap yet sound repair.

All bets are off if something has collapsed inside though.

can anyone tell me what the exhausts are made of? Are they some sort od stainless steel?

I can see that they corrode but nothing like many mild steel systems I have seen on other cars?

Thanks

Graham

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back