Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

EVO article Cayman S v 993

gavin lowe

I've just read this (boring afternoon at work) and the gist of it is....the Cayman S costs £44k and it is not really faster (expect perhaps on very twisty bits) or more exciting than a £25k 993, though it does require a different driving style. So it costs £20,000 more for the same performance and is going to depreciate a lot more than the 993.

So.....why would one buy one rather than a 993??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34939

it'll be the in thing :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34940

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by gavin lowe on 06 October 2005

So.....why would one buy one rather than a 993??

you save £15-20k which is a lot of money !

and of course 2 rear seats......

although awaiting that Cayman Turbo !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34953

Good old EVO. Let's hope the article boosts 993 values.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34960

i did consider ordering a near enough basic Cayman S/decent spec Boxster S but a 996 C4S owning mate of mine talked me out of it..........as he too reckoned that i'd lose more money on one than buying a 993.....and as he put it............if you've always dreamed of having/owning a 911 in yer garage.......then probably owning a Boxster/Cayman would somehow leave you feeling a bit "unfufilled".............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 34961

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back