Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

European Breakdown Cover

Kersidan

Spa-Francorchamps
we're off in the 996 C4S to France in September for a pootle down to the Loire Valley via our house in Southern Brittany. It's the first time we've taken the 996 abroad and want to organise European cover whilst away. Looks like only the AA and RAC will consider cars over 16 years old. Any alternatives, thoughts or recommendations?

TIA
Mark

We have just taken out a very useful policy through Barclays Bank which combines medical health cover from Aviva with comprehensive national and international breakdown cover provided by the RAC, I expect that you would need to negotiate specific cover for your 16 year old 996 but well worth investigating now we are no longer in the EU.
Enjoy France, we are finally off to our place in the Cherents in a couple of weeks after more than a year away.
Ward

Whatever you do, don't use Green Flag. I broke down in France on the way home from Italy and they were clueless and most importantly didn't help me whatsoever.

I made a video as it happened

bennettonward said:
We have just taken out a very useful policy through Barclays Bank which combines medical health cover from Aviva with comprehensive national and international breakdown cover provided by the RAC, I expect that you would need to negotiate specific cover for your 16 year old 996 but well worth investigating now we are no longer in the EU.
Enjoy France, we are finally off to our place in the Cherents in a couple of weeks after more than a year away.
Ward

Thanks, that sounds interesting, I'll investigate further. Enjoy the Charentes. We've just come back from 4 weeks in Brittany basically to collect the Porsche for a Loire road trip in 10 day :D :D

Mark

pzero said:

Interesting reading. From what I can see only the AA and RAC cover vehicles over 15/16 years old. You have to put the reg and year of registration in to get the quote. Circa £145.00 for 10days cover with AA and circa £160 with RAC. RAC have a 'Comprehensive' option that adds another £100 but doesn't seem worth the extra. Both companies give repatriation cost of the vehicle up to it's market value and hire car cover, so I think that covers the worst case scenario.

Mark

Check with your Insurance company ... they usually offer euro breakdown as an add on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back