Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Euro Breakdown cover

mrsimpson

Just had a quote from the AA for a 4 day trip to France £66.34... Sounds expensive to me!?

Anyone had any good quotes?

ADAC (a German company) is about £80 for an annual policy.

Far better than anything the UK can offer.

Also, they cover you, not the car, so any car that you are driving, or a passenger in, is covered.

Quite a few threads on the subject.

RE

I JUST COVERED MY CAYMAN WITH GREEN FLAG ---£92 FOR THE YEAR ,ITS CALLED" EURO PLUS" CHECK IT OUT ITS PRETTY GOOD :thumb:

Green Flag and the AA are a rip off that makes me wince at being British. A mute point as the last call I made to the AA involved a woman (their end) crying and me saying I would rather 'eat glass' than use them ever again.
:frustrated: ( :oops: )

We just joined ADAC in Germany for 98 euro (£82).

This gives us twelve months of full European cover for each of us, in any car, repatriation of car, hire car, etc and rather than have some affiliated/default service we have proper Euro membership with their recovery sticker in the window and their number to ring (no hash-match of UK call centre to euro call centre if the worst happens).

...AND it is also valid in the UK where the AA pick up the tab.

So...

If I join the AA in the UK for a year, the same cover with all options is currently £193.90

If I join ADAC for one year, I get exactly the same cover, including full UK cover by the AA for £82

If money is a problem you can only join by spending then join the A-chuffing-A
:? :? :?

For my part, IF I did break down in the UK, I'd use the breakdown attached to my car Insurance rather than the AA. In fact if my hearse broke down I'd rather be rolled to the crem like some crappy old carpet than complete my journey with the AA.
:thumbs:

Clarkycat, official PR ambassador for the AA.
:lol:

clarkycat said:
Green Flag and the AA are a rip off that makes me wince at being British. A mute point as the last call I made to the AA involved a woman (their end) crying and me saying I would rather 'eat glass' than use them ever again.
:frustrated: ( :oops: )

We just joined ADAC in Germany for 98 euro (£82).

This gives us twelve months of full European cover for each of us, in any car, repatriation of car, hire car, etc and rather than have some affiliated/default service we have proper Euro membership with their recovery sticker in the window and their number to ring (no hash-match of UK call centre to euro call centre if the worst happens).

...AND it is also valid in the UK where the AA pick up the tab.

So...

If I join the AA in the UK for a year, the same cover with all options is currently £193.90

If I join ADAC for one year, I get exactly the same cover, including full UK cover by the AA for £82

If money is a problem you can only join by spending then join the A-chuffing-A
:? :? :?

For my part, IF I did break down in the UK, I'd use the breakdown attached to my car Insurance rather than the AA. In fact if my hearse broke down I'd rather be rolled to the crem like some crappy old carpet than complete my journey with the AA.
:thumbs:

Clarkycat, official PR ambassador for the AA.
:lol:

So you rate the AA then or am I being a bit thick :?: :grin:

So just to confirm clarkycat if I go with adac & just say I break down in the alps they will tow me back to the uk at no extra cost ?

Only reason I ask is I've got the top aa cover thing but I don't think it includes Europe so if adac includes the above is a no brainer :thumb:

Waz 911 said:
So you rate the AA then or am I being a bit thick :?: :grin:

I was let down once so badly that it was actually initially diagnosed as shellshock, it's a long story, but I spent two nights sleeping in a hired renault clio in holland because their five star cover would not provide hotels to cover the loss of our motorhome. We then had to pay to get the motorhome from a compound onto the ferry, then, with four days warning of the precise time we would be arriving at ramsgate with a broken down motorhome requiring recovery to Oxford... We waited FIVE hours for some guy in a transit to arrive and say he needed a bigger tow truck. That's really shortened, on every hurdle they let us down, it was almost like a joke were it not an absolute ordeal.

Got my own back mind, like an absolute tool (and oddly as they are also mentioned) after being let down by green flag, I joined the AA again! And got screwed around so badly that I intended (and still do one day) to casually wander through their head office, cutting of heads with a welding torch while humming the 'thunderbirds' tune, but that goes without saying.

Notwithstanding any of the above. I may one day join again, I have a sadistic side, and while expensive, per annum it is actually cheaper than paying my Polish guy to whip me with Carpet grip, albeit without the snazzy card with five token gesture, completely meaningless and insulting 'stars' on it.
:)

I don't mean this in a bad way, but I hope your Euro trip bombs, just so I can be entertained when reading of your exploits. BTW, the time by my watch is 11:42pm, and all is very well.

ADAC sounds like an interesting option.

Do their call centres speak English or do you need to know German ?

Spy said:

When you call ask for an English speaker but even the worst English speaker is ten times better than your German.
They are very polite about it even apologetic :thumb:

Waz 911 said:
Spy said:

When you call ask for an English speaker but even the worst English speaker is ten times better than your German.
They are very polite about it even apologetic :thumb:

Thanks. I guess you just call their normal call centre ?

I ask as the link to the caravan site suggest contacting a particular person

Here's the number 00 49 94 15 23 44 - I just called, asked if they spoke English they did - called me back about 10 minutes later as they were busy.

All signed up now, myself and my girlfriend, job done in about 5 minutes!

8)

Hi guys, I am on the verge of signing up with ADAC and was doing a bit of research resulting in a couple of questions around coverage:

They say they provide European cover but when I looked at the list of callout numbers they have covering Europe, it is missing two key ones for me:
1) UK
2) Switzerland

Do people know for certain that this year's cover (ie they may have changed it recently) includes breakdown recovery in the UK and in Switzerland.

Here is the table I found on their website:

Contact and information:

Emergency numbers can be found on the back of the service booklet and on the ADAC club card.
Abroad in vehicle damage: Tel +49 89 22 22 22

Abroad for illness / injury: Tel +49 89 76 76 76
Important telephone numbers of the ADAC (24 Help)

Here to help the ADAC emergency stations:

Bosnia 5) 003851 344 06 60
Bulgaria 6) 0030 21 08 93 77 77
Denmark (Vejle) 45 93 17 08
France (Lyon) 0825 800 822
Greece (Athens) 210 89 37 777
Italy (Monza) 039 210 41
Canada 1) 1-888-222-1373
Kosovo 5) 0038 513 44 06 77
Croatia (Zagreb) (01) 344 06 66
Macedonia 2) (0038111) 333 11 11
Montenegro 5) 003851 344 06 55