Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine noise - 996 turbo

melodasi

Trainee
Hello all,

Today when I had the car in idle I just check it underneath and the noise from the engine was like there was something loose.
Is this noise normal? I have no warning lights or oil pressure gauge is normal, etc....

Check the noise here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteQ6X6LNVI

THanks

IMS gear rattle, all 996T's do it but some to different varying degrees of loudness. Have a good search (especially on 6speedonline where an owner stripped his engine down to investigate), in short nothing to worry about

Check the exhaust heat shields, these can make a noise if they have chattered through on the mounting points.
Some of these engines seem noisier than others but essentially as stated above there does not seem to be too much to worry about.

Mine sounds like that so guessing normal

Thanks.
Yes I started to think it is normal when I saw one in YouTube with the same noise.
Thank you

Mine rattle too, they all do it even 997tt. I am using Fusch 5w40 easter pro race and it did reduce the rattle a little bit. Don't worry to much. Get a sport exhaust to covert the noise !! :lol:

quattrosteph said:
Mine rattle too, they all do it even 997tt. I am using Fusch 5w40 easter pro race and it did reduce the rattle a little bit. Don't worry to much. Get a sport exhaust to covert the noise !! :lol:
Maybe I should do that ;-)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xx22
Back