Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine/exhaust sound in Gen2 PDK Vs Manual

glasgow

First time I've seen it mentioned but it may just be the difference between two cars not between PDK and manual.

Mine's a gen2 manual with PSE and would love an easy mod to improve the noise.

F1ashgordon said:
but it may just be the difference between two cars not between PDK and manual.
I think the same way. Especially as both cars have identical exhaust systems.

[quote="F1ashgordon"may just be the difference between two cars not between PDK and manual.
[/quote]

But why should be a difference between 2 cars? same engine, same exhaust..., nearly similar mileage, 2009 C4S manual and 2010 C4S PDK

No idea, you're the first I've seen to mention any difference, just putting up a corollary and as you said same engine, same exhaust.

It will be the "woomp" the exhaust makes thanks to modified throttle and fuelling the PDK + Engine RPM matching creates on the way in/out of gears.

The engine and exhaust are the same though.

When I was test driving, I drove a manual with PSE and PDK without PSE, back to back.

The PDK sounded quite good, even without PSE. OPC tried to convince me that if you had PDK, PSE was not necessary...... I obviously ignored this advice :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back