Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Drop

jonboy

Spa-Francorchamps
I am having to have my engine dropped on my 997 TT to fixed a leaking aircon pipe. Whilst the engine is out what would people suggest I look to get done - plugs have just been done.

Not sure it turbo is the same as carrera but there are two obvious candidates...
There a coolant pipe that can only be replaced by removing the engine
And a tricky brake pipe that runs over the gearbox - there are solutions for this but doing while engine is out is preferable...

Should I change the Turbo oil lines whilst the engine is out?

If it is a 997.1 I would look at getting coolant pipes welded or pinned.

MC

jonboy said:
Should I change the Turbo oil lines whilst the engine is out?

I would be changing all rubber hoses, the elbows that fail under the heat exchanger, (sharkwerks make some nice ones but OEM is fine) close inspection of turbos for corrosion. Turbo water pipes can be impossible to get out but you only usually need to get them out if the turbos are being removed for work or replacement.

As above, I would get the coolant stub nearest the water pump rebonded at the very least, all of them ideally (check out my 997t engine stripdown thread for info on those), but not many garages will take that on. Im not a fan of welding them personally and pinning them is a bit of a bandaid as if the bonding fails it doesnt stop a leak, just stops a big leak that could send you into a spin.

I would also change the coolant reservoir while the engines out.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlb81
Back