Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine compartment release not working

bal_911

Hi guys,

I've just picked up a 991.1 2S and the engine release button doesn't seem to do antrhing. The frunk button works fine but when I pull the engine one it doesn't make any sounds and doesn't release the lid.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be?

Thanks
Bal

You need to take it back to where you bought it or if private get it booked in at an indy ..

There is an emergency release for it on the o/s/r from memory with spoiler up and under the black cover at the back of the spoiler .

Basically there's not much you can do hence it needs a garage to have a look .

Hopefully its not come disconnected from the lock as that's not so good .

deMort said:
You need to take it back to where you bought it or if private get it booked in at an indy ..

There is an emergency release for it on the o/s/r from memory with spoiler up and under the black cover at the back of the spoiler .

It was a private sale but it does have porsche warranty on it so I need to transfer thay over to my name. Do you know if that would be covered?

bal_911 said:
deMort said:

It was a private sale but it does have porsche warranty on it so I need to transfer thay over to my name. Do you know if that would be covered?

That's not something that should happen and isn't 'wear and tear' so it would be covered under warranty.

The previous owner only has to fill in the transfer form that came in his warranty pack or pick another one up from any OPC.

I had the same problem with mine although you could hear it trying to operate; it was fixed under warranty.

T8 said:
bal_911 said:
deMort said:

That's not something that should happen and isn't 'wear and tear' so it would be covered under warranty.

The previous owner only has to fill in the transfer form that came in his warranty pack or pick another one up from any OPC.

Thanks ill get the paperwork done and then get it booked in

Radish said:
I had the same problem with mine although you could hear it trying to operate; it was fixed under warranty.

I can't even hear mine trying to operate, I get the sound with the frunk but nothing on the engine lid

bal_911 said:
T8 said:
bal_911 said:
deMort said:

Thanks ill get the paperwork done and then get it booked in

There's no paperwork anymore, just call your local OPC and provide proof of ownership. The warranty is now tied to the car not an individual :thumbs:

Just to update everyone on this, I got the warranty transferred over and got Porsche to fix the release, it was a faulty switch.

Although then they stung me with a broken exhaust clamp for £92 : :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grahame84
Back