Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Block/Gearbox Welding

araaan

Hi, I have recently purchased a 986 boxster s (year 2000). Upon my first detailed look at the engine bay I've noticed one of the bolts that goes from the gearbox to the engine block has its threads exposed. I'll attach a picture. Firstly, how urgently should I be getting this fixed? Secondly, any recommendations on where to take it to be fixed? I'm in Bedfordshire if that helps. Appreciate any help, first time Porsche owner and first time on the forum IMG_20240704_153921.jpg

Mines like that. It's caused by putting a long bolt in a short bolt hole. The bell housing has different length bolts going through it and if some numpty puts them back in the wrong order, that happens. Don't worry about it if it's just the one and there's still some purchase there.

Mines been like this for 20 years:

1720107585435.png

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewberden
Back