Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Endurance Karting - 17th March 5pm -Essex

Nathan Willits

Next Karting event is outlined in great detail below. Note its a 2hr race this time.. not 1.5 hrs like normal so based on the usual teams of 3 you will get 40 mins racing instead of 30mins

For ease of updating ive put all details on my website and this will be upadated regularly with new names

http://www.cambridgeautogleam.com/?page_id=66

please register your interest in this thread though.

thanks

added by the mod... details as below, as we like to see on our site what is going on rather than going onto an external site, payment details and driver names remain in the above link

Karting 17th March

Next Karting event is outlined in great detail below. Note its a 2hr race this time.. not 1.5 hrs like normal so based on the usual teams of 3 you will get 40 mins racing instead of 30mins

The Details are…The price is £40 each based on a team of 3 people. Its normally £56 each if you were to just turn up but as i know them and as im booking a group i get it cheaper! £40 covers the helmets, race suits, gloves, karts, fuel, trophy for the top 3 teams. No hidden costs on the day (apart from if you want to buy a drink or food etc)

If you want to race as a team of 2 then thats fine but you will have to split the £120 kart cost between 2 so obviously £60 each but you will get 60 mins driving time compared to 40 in a 3 man team (i know its all obvious but sometimes its best to be clear!)

The date is Saturday 17th March 2007. 5:00pm arrival and briefing. 6:00pm on track for practice and 6:15pm Race Start.

It is important you arrive on time at 5pm. Anyone missing briefing cannot race!! Their rules not mine

THE RACE

The race format will be as follows:
-Teams of 3
-15mins Team Practice / qualifying (so 5 mins each)
-not sure if its standing or rolling start yet.. will confirm
-120min (2hr) race (actual driving time per driver is 40mins + 5 min practice)
-20mins max constant race time per person. basically the winner will win because they were fastest.. not because they did the least amount of pitstops / driver changes. Even 2 man teams will have the same amount of pit stops.
-Twin engine karts good for about 55+mph

Times are

5:00pm - Arrival, Sign in, Suits and Helmets allocated, Briefing
6:00pm - 15 min practice / qualifying
6:15pm - Race Starts
8:15pm - Race Ends
8:30pm - De-Brief, Trophies, Beer etc

THE TRACK

The track is approx 900m long and can be seen in the pictures attached.

rye.jpg

The address is

Rye House Kart Raceway
Rye Road
Rye House
Hoddesdon
Hertfordshire
EN11 0EH

CLICK HERE
for detailed map

NOTE.. if your coming from the east through the sewage works you will need 50p for a barier as its a private toll road believe it or not!

I need 30 people minimum for this to go ahead.

thanks.

ALSO I thought id mention… this is not exclusively for forum members. If you have a friend or 2 you think would do it then invite them aswell (obviously please tell me if you DO know someone that can come so i can keep track of numbers! TA)

Please can everyone let me know their full names aswell and also the full names of their friends that are coming to race.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114246

I'm in.

This is one of the oldest purpose built tracks in the UK and IMHO one of the best.

If we want to make a night of it I can accommodate overnight a handful of people in beds, more if you are willing to rough it . I'm 10 minutes from the track. PM me if you are interested. (Gurch can testify to good hospitality).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114248

A PERFECT AFTER OULTON eVENT!!!!

(especially for those heading south afterwards)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114255

oh... is that date already taken with another event?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114256

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 02 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Nathan Willits on 02 February 2007

oh... is that date already taken with another event?

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=32&TopicID=8994&PagePosition=1

yes, we're all there
Um, no we're not! I'd be up for it if anyone else who is not doing Oulton wants to put together a team.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114271

Everybody who's anybody will be in Oulton!! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114273

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 02 February 2007

Exactly...

THE Porsche Track day of the year!

luckily it's on my door step! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114277

Erm, hang on... have I missed somethin here?

Oulton on the 16th
Karting on the 17th

sounds ok, yes? or no... ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114294

Good job Nathan. If we're settled on the 17th then I'm up for it, I just need to sort out work for sure. May bring a friend to make a team but I cant confirm him until about the 16th Feb. I'll keep you posted.

Looks like the Hardcore will be at Oulton (I'm too new to tracks for that place), the softies will do Rye House, and the Ultra Hardcore could do both. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114302

I think I'm just about hard enough to do Oulton, and then be knackard for the rest of the wkend. (don't forget we're not likely to sleep before sunrise after Fri night!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114305

The date is Saturday 17th March 2007. 5:00pm arrival and briefing. 6:00pm on track for practice and 6:15pm Race Start.

It is important you arrive on time at 5pm. Anyone missing briefing cannot race!! Their rules not mine

So whats the problem doing both?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114308

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 02 February 2007

Mostly only those who have RS's or GT3's

<spits jealously>

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114324

I would however in Bulgaria for stag weekend. sorry.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114339

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chimp
Back