Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Emerging from hibernation...Help

PaulRH

Trainee
Hello All,
Now the protocol for getting back to normal has been unveiled i hope to get my car out in the not too distant future.
I bought my 997.2 Targa 4S in November and what with one thing and another i decided to store it at a friends car collection over the winter.
What should i look for or do as a matter of course instead of just starting it up and driving off.

Any help appreciated.

Paul

Nothing really, assuming it's been on a trickle charger it should be fine and just fire straight up. You'll find the remote key won't work, instructions are in the manual for that, but nothing else needs doing really. It's been inside by the sounds of it so the brakes will be ok.

My car was under a cover on the driveway between early November and two weeks ago and it was fine. Just fired it straight up and went for a long drive.

As said above. Nothing. Just start and go.

I would allow time for the oil and water to circulate a bit before driving off also worth checking the dip stick if you have one and tire pressures as it has been in storage

If the Targa roof has not been operated in a long time then i would certainly operate it back and forth to make sure it's still free .

These roofs don't like being unused .

other than that then as above .

Thanks Gents.

Weather looks ok tomorrow and ive a customer to see about an hour away. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user983234
Back