Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

electric window switch

ami

Trainee
Can someone help? I bought my Porsche a month or so ago, and the first thing I attempted to put right with it, was to buy a new electric window switch. The passenger side switch disintegated in my fingers when I first used it, and ended up blowing a fuse. I ordered a new one priced (On Ebay for £14+£2pp), and fitted it in last night.

Great I thought. No.

It too seemed to fall apart in front of my eyes as soon as I fitted it!

My question therefore is, is this common? I ask this, given the abundent supply of spare electric window switches on EBAY, above all other components?

Any ideas?

thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31405

I needed a new switch on my 993 and had it fitted at the same time as the annual service. The garage charged me £20 which i thought was reasonable and it works perfectly - so i suggest you get friendly with the local porsche garage and let the professionals do it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31424

Its the easiest DIY job on the car. Just get a genuine new switch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 31430

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back