Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

EBC pads , any good.

quattrosteph

Barcelona
Anyone here is using EBC pads ? Thinking to try them . Can't stand the amount of dust the Porsche pads are producing !!! For road use and occadional track use it serms the wellow are the one to go for.
I look after my car very well and don't hesitate to spend BUT the price of the Porsche pads is just ridiculous especialy for my set up ( 997TT gen1 for the front, Gt3 gen2 for the back.)
Thanks.

I've used EBC yellows in several cars and have been very impressed with their all round performance.

This included extended track use in my Mk2 Golf, where the pads proved both reliable/strong on track and resistant to fade (sub-900kg car though). They were also half decent from cold, didn't produce too much dust and were pretty quiet!

I'm also considering these for the fronts on my 996.2 when they need changing :thumb:

I bit of a difficult one...did some search about those ebc yellow on heavy powerful cars like Gt33/34/35 Porsches...etc They seem to wear really fast on track and on some cars they just crumble.... They are may be better these days but can't take any risk. They are fine on small or light cars . Went at the end for some Performance Friction , good reviews from the Gt2/ Gt3 boys !!

When fitting pads from EBC, Ferodo, Performance Friction etc., what do people do about the wear sensors? Presumably just disconnect and tape over the car side connector?

EBC pads

Hi, I have recently fitted EBC red stuff pads and discs to a cooper s mini. Sensors fit as originals (would expect the same on a Porsche??), brake dust is about the same, biggest issue is squeeking at low speeds. Good on the track though with less fade. Hope that helps..

I use EBC yellowstuff on my BMW ///M for fast road use.

I was concerned over cold performance for none track but the newer compound I've found to be excellent for road use even when cold.

I've not had any problem with brake dust at all and I'm running unlaquered summer split rims.

re the brake sensors I presume they are the same as BMW fitment ie you can buy EBC versions to fit for c£11 each but I managed to adapt the BMW OEM ones to fit pretty easily.

pj_sibley said:
When fitting pads from EBC, Ferodo, Performance Friction etc., what do people do about the wear sensors? Presumably just disconnect and tape over the car side connector?

Yep. Even if race pads had a hole for the sensors, they'd only melt!

You are right , did happen to me few time in the past.

spyderman said:
Yep. Even if race pads had a hole for the sensors, they'd only melt!

Ditch the sensors then LOL!! :thumbs:

I have used Yellow stuff on a previous vehicle and felt they were only good for low levels of brake dust. They were awful until some heat went into them, and when hot , they squeaked like mad. Had I not sold the car, I'd have replaced them with something else. I doubt I'd buy them again.

Ive just replaced my std pads for EBC yellows, far better than std, no noise at all. Replaced all the shims at the same time couple of the front shims had perished and were a pig to remove but worth the trouble. From cold the brakes form a hard peddle and braking is better than std pads, when worked a little you can tell the difference. The pads do come drilled for sensors, and I refitted mine, could not see any obvious reason for not refitting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P12NLL
Back