Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dyno runs @ MRC of my 996 turbo

pirellipete

Barcelona
Took a trip up to MRC in Banbury today, two reasons, one to get my turbo on their dyne, theirs being the closest to me in Cornwall who will disconnect the FWD and do a 'Proper Job' !!, and secondly, to give them a chance to work on a 'Real' German Sports car, and not those Audi tt's that lots of people on here confuse with a 996 turbo :)

Really nice guys, an impressive array of Audi RS's in the car park, and a gob-smacking R8 which I saw without the rear bumper showing the turbo they fitted, kicking out over 700bhp, with potentially more to come !!

I have 'Sympathetically' modified my 996 turbo with a Revo remap, Cargraphic exhaust, and a 9Excellence IPD & Wide throttle body conversion.

The runs were done using the Revo Switchable box system on Stock, Performance A & Performance B, The Revo Stock setting still shows an increase at the end, which is different to true Porsche Stock,
Performance A is on a par with F**k Me, and Performance B is up there with F**k Me Senseless.

Bottom line, Performance B gives a max 508 PS, which converts to 502 bhp so as I was going to be well pleased with 500, I'm like a dog with two dicks at getting 502, which I consider a reasonable return on a 'Bang for Buck' basis, with the mid-range performance being better than I anticipated and a real kick back into the seats.

Anyway, here's the graphs, and MRC are highly recommended by me, not that they need my recommendation based on their reputation.

Attachments

• peter_porcshe_996_turbo_revo_switching0001_825.jpg
    peter_porcshe_996_turbo_revo_switching0001_825.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,821
Pete, nice to see dyno graphs for a 996 turbo. By the look of it, the 'stock' set up must have felt a little strange to drive with the big rush at the top! The A and B map settings look like they generate a nice curve though, with plenty of area underneath them.

I drove cross-country from Banbury - Bloxham - C/Norton - Bourton to the M5 @ Cheltenham on my way back so I may have been close to you !!

Great stuff 8)

I used to have a B5 RS4 and after AMD left Bicester, i used to take it to Doug at MRC and as you say, they are excellent...happy days

Can't beat the magic of turbos...

:thumb:

Those torque numbers look mighty impressive - up from 614 to 735Nm? :thumb:

pirellipete said:
I drove cross-country from Banbury - Bloxham - C/Norton - Bourton to the M5 @ Cheltenham on my way back so I may have been close to you !!

Blimey! You almost passed my door.... If you are ever up again, pm me and drop in for a chin wag.

Hang on Pat he's mixed up the results and given you Peter's! :grin:

Loving your understated eloquence as ever. :lol:

Thanks Ken, and thanks for taking the time to find out what I wanted and the way to get it, (mid range not top end in my case).

Nice results!

MRC do all the work on my car (996 turbo) and Quattrospteph's (996 turbo S) - so they do get to work on a few "real German sports cars" ... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
246dbo
Back