Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Durable and good VFM waxes?

PolarExpress

Banned
I have 3 waxes/sealants:

1) Zymol Vintage
2) P21S
3) Rejex

Because I drive my car reasonably regularly, I find that the advantage of using an expensive wax is not borne out as the car gets washed quite frequently and also gets waxed quite frequently - maybe once a fortnight/3 weeks on average. Because of this, I don't really use the Zymol because it just seems way too extravagant to be used on a regular basis... Also, because my car is silver, I'm not convinced Vintage looks that much better than P21S!

P21S gives great results for very low cost. But now that it's running out, what are the alternatives that people here use? I'm always keen to try new things, and instead of buying another tub of P21S, I was thinking of trying something new...

The Rejex has been sitting on the shelf because that's mostly used for the "other car"... when I can be bothered to clean it! :?

Any suggestions? I've heard good things about Colinite, Pinnacle Souveran, Megs Mirror Glaze, etc...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93088

I use Collinite 476 on my truck and on the bumpers of the 911. It gives a really hard finish (good for the truck - as I don't want to wax it often and it gets muddy in the fields).

I have tried it on the bumpers of the 911 and on the wheels too. Still use Glasur on the main body though. It is quite cheap into comparison to vintage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93089

When it comes to winter i recommend collinite 476s. with the right prep it doesnt look half bad either.

this 911 was treated with a cleaner wax, then a glaze, then collinite 476s

Mikes911take22.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93100

Ade,

Collinite is great for durability. P21s is brilliant too but not very durable, you might not want to use it now as the weather getting poor. You can carry on with your Rejex which is durable, probably match collinite. As you want to save the Vintage for special occasions this is what I would suggest.

IMO this is what I would do, get the paint correction completeed and then put multiple layers of Z on.

Which "Z" am I talking about? :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93124

Thanks chaps!
Nathan, your 993 should be censored :wink:

G, I hear ya, but my arms aren't as beefy as yours at scrubbing that HD Cleanse off :wink:

Collinite seems to be winning here!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93138

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 23 November 2006

Thanks chaps! Nathan, your 993 should be censored :wink:
G, I hear ya, but my arms aren't as beefy as yours at scrubbing that HD Cleanse off :wink:
Collinite seems to be winning here!

Im not talking about Zymol. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93140

I'd go with Collinite as well, especially at this time of year. No reason why you can't put a quick coat of P21S over it for a really deep gloss.

G, you talking Zaino here?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93162

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993C2S on 23 November 2006

I'd go with Collinite as well, especially at this time of year. No reason why you can't put a quick coat of P21S over it for a really deep gloss.

G, you talking Zaino here?
Afirmative. :)

You cant go wrong with eitehr really but you will get better shine and reflection with the Z stuff.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93169

But getting Zaino in this country is not easy! Any tips?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93176

that 993 is not mine ... unfortunately. i did it for a client last month

on its own the collinite 476s would not look anywhere near as good as the other premium brands. With good prep and a good glaze it can look great though.

doing the different layers is probably as much work as the HD cleanse to be honest.

HDC under collinite would be a good comprimise actually though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93201

No probs mate. You had a look at the gallery? That E30 M3 is to die for! Yum yum. Nice 964 at the bottom too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93244

Perfection. Dark colour, BBS split rims and MINT. I want!

E30_1_600x399.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 93258

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyp
Back