Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drop links for 997.2

Pearson P Car

Trainee
Merry Christmas to all.
I'm looking at changing my front drop links.
Which are the best standard ones to buy?
Febi by bilstein, meyle or any others which have been tried and tested on here?
Thanks

I've just finished my drop links, front and rears, and plumped for Meyle. From my research the Meyle's are good quality and reasonably priced. Syder Performance parts might be rebranded Meyle.

Used Meyle on mine.... Old ones were seized solid in the uprights - so be prepared lol

rga997 said:
Used Meyle on mine.... Old ones were seized solid in the uprights - so be prepared lol

The first one I attempted was seized in the shock, I could "just" about make it budge with my 2 ft breaker but there was no way I could have moved it enough to loosen it and get it out.

I bought a mains voltage Clarke impact driver and cut the ball off then used the impact driver to get it out.

The other side came out with hammering.

TRW should be OEM I think, but when I was last in Centre Gravity, Chris mentioned that they were becoming hard to get hold of TRW arms unless bought from Porsche.

Lemforder is OEM for rubber bits on my VW, tbh you should be fine so long as they are changed as a pair.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markevo6
Back