Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door lock acutator part number.

stretch

Monza
Hi all. My passenger door lock is playing up, alarm thinks the doors open. Does anyone have a link or the part number for the door lock acutator which i am led to believe is the offending part.? I understand that this part is shared with an early Audi TT so hoping to avoid an inflated Porsche priced item.
Thanks.

Hi all. My passenger door lock is playing up, alarm thinks the doors open. Does anyone have a link or the part number for the door lock acutator which i am led to believe is the offending part.? I understand that this part is shared with an early Audi TT so hoping to avoid an inflated Porsche priced item.
Thanks.
Have you fitted the new acutator?
Did it cure the fault, & how difficult/ time consuming was it to fit?

I did the passenger side the other day, probably took 45 mins with some faffing about with other bits but I’d done the drivers door actuator previously and knew what to expect. It sorted the problem.

Note: use 3 square bit for the door screws and not Torx.

I did the passenger side the other day, probably took 45 mins with some faffing about with other bits but I’d done the drivers door actuator previously and knew what to expect. It sorted the problem.

Note: use 3 square bit for the door screws and not Torx.
Wow a lot quicker than i thought it would be, i was imagining a few hours of a job.
Did you come across any online videos on how to do it?

I used the ‘101 projects for your Porsche’ book first time.
I’ve had my door cards off several times and drivers lock a couple of times as well so know what to do.
(I originally found an old post where someone repaired the micro switch gap, this worked but only lasted just over a year, by then the cheap Audi part was available so just fitted that).

First time I was using the wrong Torq bits, didn’t know where the hidden screws were, needed to unseal the membrane, disconnect battery, couldn’t feel where the snap connectors were and even ended up removing the door handle for more access (which is very fiddly to reconnect), you don’t need to do that. I also have a packet of spare door clips. Took me about 1.5 hours.

Study the new lock and how it connects to the door so you understand where the connections are by touch, don’t yank the old one out in frustration as the small plastic clips could break which wouldn’t be good!

If I got my tools ready I could probably replace the lock in 30 mins now.

I used the ‘101 projects for your Porsche’ book first time.
I’ve had my door cards off several times and drivers lock a couple of times as well so know what to do.
(I originally found an old post where someone repaired the micro switch gap, this worked but only lasted just over a year, by then the cheap Audi part was available so just fitted that).

First time I was using the wrong Torq bits, didn’t know where the hidden screws were, needed to unseal the membrane, disconnect battery, couldn’t feel where the snap connectors were and even ended up removing the door handle for more access (which is very fiddly to reconnect), you don’t need to do that. I also have a packet of spare door clips. Took me about 1.5 hours.

Study the new lock and how it connects to the door so you understand where the connections are by touch, don’t yank the old one out in frustration as the small plastic clips could break which wouldn’t be good!

If I got my tools ready I could probably replace the lock in 30 mins now.
That’s great info thanks.
Sounds like i will have to pick a day to do it when I’m at my most patient 😁

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vrover_993
Back